Ringgroups - Extensions & Recordings

I have a need to allow admins to review call recordings, but only for the relevant groups they oversee.

Besides OrecX (which won’t work due to the way they record calls), I cannot seem to find a software that will let me segment recordings by user permissions (user x can review recordings xxx-yyy, etc.)

Then I stumble upon Asternic CDR Reports, which will let you view recordings and reports, by extension. Although not the intended purpose, it looks like it can work if the recording is from an extension, but the wrinkle is that I also have ring groups and conferences. I don’t think either are extensions, but I think this could still work out depending on the way extension recording works.

So the questions:
For Ringgroups, if I have the extension in question set to record all inbound and outbound, will it generate an extension recording when the extension gets a ringgroup call?

When an extension calls out to a to a conference bridge, will that record as an extension recording?

Thanks all!

I have an install where all inbound calls are just calls to Ring Groups and we have call recordings and when you go to review the recordings it’s by extension, not ring group.

did you set the recording on the ringgroup or extension?

Have it actually set on the inbound routes.

Thanks, I guess I am looking if anyone has it setup on extensions and can confirm it records when that extension calls conferences, and when that extension receives a ring group call.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.