Ring group strategy

we would like ext 1,2 and 3 to ring for 10 seconds then if noone answers we ring ext 1,2,3,4,5 for 10 secs. We currently have 2 rings groups setup. The problem with having 2 ring groups is that the 1st group stops ringing and then resets and then starts ringing again which is creating confusion.

We would like the 1st ring group to ring for 20 secs and after 10 seconds the 2nd group joins in?

Hi, configure the Failover Destination with your second ring group.

1 Like

The 2nd ring group has to contain the extensions from the 1st and 2nd ring groups.

The problem is that once the 1st ring group stops ringing it stops. The 2nd ring group starts up but it creates confusion for the people in the 1st group. It looks to them like the phone was answered because it stops ringing but then it starts back up.

I do not think you will be able to achieve this using the FreePBX modules. If the ring group completes (answered or failed over), it is going to “break” the call up into two legs (two calls). You might be able to do something with queues, but I think there will always be that “break” column to contend with.

If your goal is:
1, 2, 3 ring for 10 seconds, then 1, 2, 3 continue to ring while 4 & 5 start ringing for 10 seconds, then whatever.

That is possible, but I am not sure you can do it in the GUI. I believe you will need to program this in dial plan.

1 Like

I believe you need 3 ring groups, one with 1, 2 and 3, the second with 4 and 5. Then set up the third one pointing to the first two (with # after the member numbers), with Ring Strategy memoryhunt.

Not easily done with Ring Groups, but with a queue you could use this hack: Cascade dialplan for dialing emergency engineers as quick as possible

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.