Ring group not ringing whilst been answered and a second call comes into the ring group

(Sorry for the terrible subject but couldn’t think of a better subject)

FreePBX Distro (Stable-1.815.210.58)

Setup:
FXO card (4x ports, ZAP Channel DID’s)
1 - XXX XXX 4800 (maps to an ring group, ring-all on extensions 4801,4802&4803)
2 - XXX XXX 4801 (maps to an extension)
3 - XXX XXX 4802 (maps to an extension)
4 - XXX XXX 4803 (maps to an extension)
Each extensions maps to a trunk/outbound route that maps to the FXO card port.

Hi all,

So I have configured the above and all works as I’d expect (well except the following) however when someone calls in on the main number 4800 the following happens:

• All three extensions ring (4801 ,4802 and 4803)
  • Someone picks up the call (lets say 4802)
  • Then whilst 4802 is still on the call, someone else calls the main number (4800) again.
  • Instead of the ring group calling all three extensions, only the person that is currently on the call knows about the new incoming call (line 2 flashes for incoming 4800)

Is there any way I can change this behaviour so all the extensions are aware of the call? If so could someone please tell me how or put me in the correct direction?

Many thanks,
Tarran

I just tried to reproduce with two lines on my system which is the same version as yours. In a ring group with ringall set both lines ring and when the call is answered on one line another call coming in rings the second line as I would expect.

The only thing I can think of is you might have ringall-prim set rather than ringall.

I’ll bet you have misconfigued your ring strategy. Take a close look at the options there.

Here are your options:
ringall: Ring all available channels until one answers (default)
hunt: Take turns ringing each available extension
memoryhunt: Ring first extension in the list, then ring the 1st and 2nd extension, then ring 1st 2nd and 3rd extension in the list… etc.
*-prim: These modes act as described above. However, if the primary extension (first in list) is occupied, the other extensions will not be rung. If the primary is FreePBX DND, it won’t be rung. If the primary is FreePBX CF unconditional, then all will be rung
firstavailable: ring only the first available channel
firstnotonphone: ring only the first channel which is not offhook - ignore CW

BF

Truly thank you guys for the reply but am certain is ringall, I will triple check but am sure I haven’t done the wrong strategy option… Obviously my next post will be me saying how I am stupid adding the wrong strategy. :stuck_out_tongue:

Truly thank you guys for the reply but am certain is ringall, I will triple check but am sure I haven’t done the wrong strategy option… Obviously my next post will be me saying how I am stupid adding the wrong strategy. :stuck_out_tongue:

or maybe the next 2 posts … :stuck_out_tongue:

Well…was that it?

BF

It is set to ringall. Anything else it could be?

How about some console output showing what extensions are called so we can verify that the extensions are being called.

Can you call each extension individually?

Can one extension call the other extension?

I think you have a misunderstanding of how analog/POTS lines work.

Are the 4 inbound POTS lines in a hunt group? They must be if you are calling 4800 and it is ringing the next line in the hunt group? In this case only the phone mapped to that line will ring.

You need to assign all 4 lines to the ring group.

Oops…my bad. I didn’t fully read, or it just slipped by me, that you’re running POTS lines as the trunks. I don’t believe you are ever going to get it to work exactly as you want using POTS. You’d have to have telco put all 4 lines in a circular hunt group and then point each incoming line to the rihn group, but then you’d lose the ability of an outside caller to cann an individual number. POTS lines don’t have DID’s . The only thing POTS can do is ring and with that ring, the only thing Asterisk can do with it is to anwer it and send it somewhere. You do not receive data that tells what number a caller has dialed.

BF

Ah ha - So it a bit of a no go then with POTS lines (unless I involve the telco)? Oh well, it works near enough and its only for the guys in one of our branch offices, whom I don’t like that much anyway. :wink:

Thanks for all the info guys.