Ring group mark answered else doesn't work

Ciscos are a pain in the a… in combination with a non-Cisco pbx…

ok - thanks for analyzing.
So we have to look for other phones…

It could still be a problem with your configuration of your Cisco phones. Do they use xml configuration files or do they have a web GUI?

By the way, my Cisco 8961s handle „call completed elsewhere“ correctly even without the setting in the freePBX ringgroup. I thought that the setting in the ringgroup is for sending „call completed elsewhere“ to all phones in the ringgroup regardless if it got answered. But I might be wrong.

Isn’t there a setting in freePBX for every extension, where you can define which ringgroup/callgroup it is part of…for intercom etc? Isn’t callgroups in the advanced settings of extensions related to this issue?
Did you enter the same number in all extensions?

I’ve a GUI for every CISCO SPA phone. I’ve looked all the settings there but I don’t find anything relating to this issue.
I’ve also had contact to CISCO support. They couldn’t help so far.

In the freePBX extension settings (advanced), did you enter the same number e.g. 1 in callgroup?
Don’t know, if this helps…but you could give it a try…

The problem with the Cisco SIP firmware is that it still uses a Cisco way of communication.

Here you can read about it:

http://usecallmanager.nz/document-overview.html

Setting the “ring group” number also in the “Call Groups” of Extensions advanced settings didn’t help => still missed call notice on every phone in the group which didn’t answer the call.
Thanks for link about CISCO firmware.

That’s no link to firmware version, it links to an asterisk patch and to a help text regarding configuration of Cisco phones.
Don’t apply the patch to your freePBX machine as described there, because it will break things. There is a different method, which is based on rpm.
Yet, the kiwi site is a good source, in case someone still thinks that Ciscos are compatible with Asterisk out of the box. You have to spend weeks! Once it works don’t update anymore :wink:

One more thing…

My freePBX machines run as guests in Virtualbox. The advantage is that you can create snapshots and can always go back to a previous (working) state.
You lose voicemail messages and the call history, but everything else works just fine. In your case, you would have to return to a snapshot of last summer…when „call answered elsewhere“ worked…

I see => thanks.
But we tend to replace our Cisco phones by Yealink devices.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.