Ring Group Confirm not working?

Am I doing something wrong? I’m trying to setup a situation whereby if a call goes to a certain ring group, before the callee is connected with the caller, the callee is played a system recording (basically to warn them the call is external).

I’ve tried to set this up with confirm calls in the ring group, I’m using ringall strategy, confirm calls is ‘on’ and the remote announce file is selected.

When I call the ring group from another extension, the call is just connected straight away. In the logs, there’s no sign there’s an attempt made to play the file.

Otherwise, very happy to know of any other ways of achieving this - as I don’t actually want the callee to have to press ‘1’ to receive the call. I just want to play the file.

thanks

EDIT: A call log

Call confirm will not challenge local extensions, only external numbers. In your case I would recommend a Queue with the “Agent Announcement” option enabled.

1 Like

Thanks Lorne - I’ve just done a test with an external number and it didn’t challenge that either. I really hope I’m not wasting your time with this. I setup an inbound route for my own cell phone and pointed it at the ring group to test. No challenge.

I will try a queue with agent announcement! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

thanks

Agent announcements works a treat! Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.