retrieve_conf failed, config not applied

Good day,

I reinstalled freepbx after upgrading Asterisk to 1.8.5, due to broken modules. I am running into the folowing errors listed below:

[From Freepbx Web Console]
exit: 1

• Unable to connect to manager localhost:5038 (111): Connection refused
    [FATAL] Unable to connect to Asterisk Manager from /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf, aborting

1 error(s) occurred, you should view the notification log on the dashboard or main screen to check for more details.

[From Freepbx logs]
[FATAL] (libraries/utility.functions.php:388) - Unable to connect to Asterisk Manager from /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf, aborting
[CRITICAL] (admin/functions.inc.php:266) - [NOTIFICATION]-[freepbx]-[RCONFFAIL] - retrieve_conf failed, config not applied

I checked the /etc/asterisk/manager.conf and /etc/amportal.conf, and I changed the admin user credentials accordingly.

Any suggestions?

You may wish to check out my recent topic http://www.freepbx.org/forum/freepbx/tips-and-tricks/change-passwords-on-2-9-0-7.

Unfortunately it doesn’t directly answer your question, other than my experience - (and I’m open to suggestions here), is that the entries in the /etc/amportal.conf file (AMPMGRPASS=your_manager_password & AMPMGRUSER=your_manager_user [default: admin]) seems to have no effect at all!

However, the /etc/asterisk/manager.conf file does contain valid credentials for the manager and the ‘secret’ should be set to the default password for user [admin]. If all else fails, try setting the secret to admin.

I have heard that this may be changeable under the “administrators” menu for the FreePBX GUI. My own version is blank under “administrators”. No users are listed although I get the option to add additional users. I’m not quite sure what to do with that page - but an answer to that question may also solve your problem.

andy - Administrators defines local users for the FreePBX application.

Advanced Settings sets the Asterisk Manager password and user used by FreePBX. It must match the settings in etc/asterisk/manager.conf

Asterisk must be restarted after changing manager.conf