retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1

Hello All,

I built a new box restored from a remote box and received the following errors:

Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1

exit: 1
[FATAL] Unable to connect to Asterisk Manager from /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf, aborting

I thought this was about the passwords for AMPMGR not matching, but I can visually inspect that /etc/amportal.conf and /etc/asterisk/manager.conf and they match.

I tried setting both passwords to a simple word and I still receive the error.

Any help/direction appreciated!

That is because your manager username and password are different on the boxes. You need to restart asterisk so it can pull the new updated manager settings.

Hi Tony,

Thanks for posting, I did try both asterisk restart and amportal restart, followed by system restart with no luck prior to my post.

You might need to go update the manager username and password.

I know a new function was created for this exact setup that will be included in the next backup release later this week to have it deal with updating manager settings in the race condition that get created but you still have to make sure you are backing up all the correct files such as the mysql database and the /etc/asterisk directory and /etc/freepbx

I backup every preset option you have including the exclude for local restore as well as the tftp folder.

I look for the update, thanks!