Restrict login to queue

Hi,

How can i restrict to login to the queue using the extension below? All i need to allow are those sips start with 7XXX. Thanks

exten => *90,1,Wait(1)
exten => *90,2,AddQueueMember(231${EXTEN:3})
exten => *90,n,Playback(agent-loginok)
exten => *90,n,System( echo “${EPOCH}|${UNIQUEID}|${EXTEN:3}|SIP/${CALLERID(number)}|AGENTLOGIN|” >> /var/log/asterisk/queue_log )
exten => *90,n,Hangup

Asterisk 11.23.0
freepbx13

You add them to the Dynamic Agents list.

1 Like

Still some can login. I need to secure it.

You mean a password for each agent?

all user has extension 7XXX can login to this queue and the rest is restricted.

The only people that can log into the queue are agents that are identified as dynamic agents. Static agents are already logged in (but can be “paused” using things like pause codes and DND). Because of that, we’re not clear what you are asking about. Your code snippet doesn’t have anything to do with the question, so you’re going to need to explain what you mean before we can really help you.

Any extension string can login unless ‘Restrict dynamic agents’ is enabled:

1 Like

We often swap people everyday(sometimes in few hours) from cs to sales to support,etc for some reason. Each group has to dial to login to the queue. For sales(example) they need to dial *90 to login to the queue. But sometimes when they move to cs they accidentally press *90(for sales). Now I need to restrict only those extension 7XXX can only login to the sales and to those belong to cs(8XXX) and the rest must not able to login in case they accidentally press the wrong one.

Open up the queue for your 7000 range extensions, and put in the extension in the DYNAMIC AGENTS box. If you are using a newer release of FreePBX its under the QUEUE AGENTS tab in the queues.

The entries will look something like this:

etc etc

There’s a little drop down box that you can select them, type then in manually, or use an EXCEL auto number list and copy and paste the values in.

Then under GENERAL settings for the queue, click the “RESTRICT DYNAMIC AGENTS” then save/apply the changes.

So assuming its 7000 series of extensions, those will be the only extensions allowed to logo to the 7000 queue. other extension ranges that dont match will be denied.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.