Restrict Inbound Calls on Inbound Route

On our PBX server, we have some extensions which are linked to inbound routes. We want to restrict who is able to call those inbound routes, but I have not been able to find a way to do so. We already use Extension routes to restrict the outbound calls they can make, but I want to do this for the inbound calls too.

A little more detail, and perhaps a use-case/example would probably help steer the conversation in the right direction.

To be sure - there are a plethora of ways to make what you are looking for happen. The question at this point is which meets your specific scenario the easiest.

1 Like

We run a call center, and have several campaigns that have some pretty severe security restrictions. These phones are for the sales coaches to dial into conferences, and for the front desk to call in to tell people their rides are here and such.

It would appear that somehow the DID for one of these phones got in the hands of scammers who spoof CIDs, so I’m looking for a way to fix this. Blacklisting the numbers won’t work since they change the CID each time they call. I thought I’d kill 2 birds with 1 stone and make these phones more secure by limiting who is allowed to call these particular extensions/DIDs.

Basically I’m looking for the ability to create an inbound call white list for inbound routes.

There really isn’t a “Whitelist” but since you’re asking for a whitelist, which would be a list of numbers that can make it through there are two ways.

1. You can create Inbound Routes for the DID and each CallerID you want to allow through. That’s via the GUI and requires an Inbound Route per CallerID number.

2. You write some custom dialplan, send calls to it first before the extension. That dialplan can dip into the AstDB or make an external DB call to check against a list of allowed CallerID’s and then route the call through if there is a match and hangup if there isn’t.

Option 2 requires you to setup the AstDB or external source with these numbers. How you manage those numbers is going to be up to you.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.