Restored backup from previous version of FreePBX on top of new version -- System Crashed

Well, I did something dumb… I took a backup of a FreePBX 11 system, upgraded to 13 and things weren’t working properly with Dahdi, so I restored the backup from version 11 to the current version 13 system without thinking that through and that has effectively crashed the system.

Now when you load the GUI, you are routed to the “Please Select the default locales of the PBX” page. Clicking submit does nothing, and clicking apply config presents this error:

exit: 1
[FATAL] Unable to connect to Asterisk Manager from /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf, aborting

How would I go about repairing this… mistake?

Restore from backup to a fresh install. You can only restore backups made with a matching major version.

Thanks Lorne – is it possible to keep the system intact and rebuild the database from scratch? Apparently someone did this here:

I’m just not sure how that would be done.

It’s probably not impossible, which is not the same thing. If your time is worthless you have nothing to lose by trying.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.