I tested that process back in February and found a number of bugs. I also tested a development version and found issues there too. I logged a bug report based on what I had found with the newer development version but it hasn’t been closed making me think that those bugs still exist. I’m not sure if that development version has been put into production or not.
- If Contact Images were present in either contactmanager or usermanager it caused the script to fail was one of them. Removing them allowed the script to run to completion.
- No EPM configurations or Backup module settings were transferred.
- Another was that the converted system defaulted back to SIP even if the original machine was using PJSIP or Both.
- Voicemail was disabled on all extensions on the converted machine breaking modules that had voicemail as a destination.
The script was originally built for migrating Elastix installs. They were based off older FreePBX code and newer features such as PJSIP, Contacts, etc didn’t exist in Elastix so I’m not surprised that it didn’t work well for newer FreePBX versions.
I haven’t tested since February (waiting for progress on the bug report) but since the wiki page still refers to Elastix and PBAF only, I wouldn’t be surprised if these issues still exist. If it works for you great, but check your new machine carefully to see if everything came over from the old machine correctly.