Restore backup from freepbx 2.8

Hello,

I made a backup on FreePBX 2.8.0.1 with backup module version 2.8.0.6.

Backup is configured like this

backup

trying to restore it on FreePBX 15.0.17.34 with backup module version 15.0.10.51 I get the following error.

Running with: /usr/sbin/fwconsole backup --restore=’/var/spool/asterisk/backup/uploads/20210519.13.18.06.tar.gz’ --restorelegacycdr --transaction=‘cf41ebe0-a9b7-404d-9549-9e88bcb70e7d’
Determining backup file type…type is legacy
Legacy CDR Restore Option: 1
Starting restore job with file: /var/spool/asterisk/backup/uploads/20210519.13.18.06.tar.gz
Extracting backup…
Parsing out SQL tables. This may take a moment depending on backup size.
Found 0 database files in the backup.
Restore completed successfully

Is it possible to restore a backup as there is such a difference between both versions ?

Have a good day

Laurent

When originally writing this I tested backups back to 2.10 which was the oldest I had at the time. That was also the last major iteration of backup prior to v15.x

I would say as written backup won’t handle anything that old.

The current freePBX bootstrap environment was introduced in 2.9, which may also be another hard dependency. I have a very vague memory of trying a 2.8 restore once that failed.

thanks for your answer… Well, in the end, I was able to extract the information I need from the SQL database and could reinject it into the new server…

Have a great day

Laurent

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.