Restore a backup onto a new server

I’m trying to move the configuration from one server to another. I created a new server matching to same setup as the existing server - same version (14.x), network address and the hostname.
I’ve copied the backup to the new server. The restore failed to start after the upload. Can I manually copy the backup to the local directory? (Not sure where it is!!). Why the new server refused to restore from the backup?

I suggest you to install FreePBX15 and restore your backup there, 15 admits backups taken from older versions (12, 13 and 14) and that way you will be using the latest FreePBX version.

I’ve found the directory for the local backup files /var/spool/asterisk/backup. I managed manually copied the exist backup to the new server. Restore accepted the file and began the restore process. The new server does reboot after the restore. So far, the new server seems to be running with the configuration from the old server. I’ll need more time to test out the new server to see if it works the same as the old. Stay tune…

All the system recordings are missing the audio files after the restore. There are the audio files kept for the system recordings?

Do what you were told… Restore your backup to FreePBX 15. Prior to the new restore feature in 15, in order to have the best chance for a successful restore, you not only needed to be on the version of FreePBX, but you needed all the modules to be on exactly the same version also.

Aside from that, download the backup and unzip it. Look and see if the stuff you want is even in the backup.

Odds are you never fully setup your backup in the first place.

Thank you for your advice. I’m not ready to upgrade to the new version. I just want to upgrade the server (hardware). You’re right about not fully backup the original server. The full backup doesn’t not include the sound directory. I’ve checked the backup option again. The audio files is an addition option has to be added to the backup configuration in order to be included in the backup. I’ve manually copied all the audio files to the new server. It seems to be working now !!

I found the Instrusion Detection not working this morning after the restore (could not get banned list) error. Rebooted server didn’t help. I ran “fwconsole restart fail2ban” to restart the service didn’t help either. I got this message "Unable to run Pre-Asterisk hooks, because Asterisk is already running on PID 10410 and been running for 20 minutes, 40 seconds. Can any one help to get the Intrusion Detection back?

Try this:

yum update sysadmin
fwconsole reload
systemctl restart fail2ban #(if this is sng7)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.