[general]
#include res_fax_custom.conf
minrate=9600
maxrate=14400

my res_fax_custom.conf looks like this:
[general]
maxrate=33600
minrate=2400

Whatever I do, “fax show settings” only give me the values of “res_fax_conf” and never my “custom”-ones. Doesn’t matter when I reload the core with “core reload” - before or after saving the changes a.k.a. “pushing the button”.

What am I missing? --> also the “fax_digium”-settings can’t be changed (ecm off for example --> it’s always on)

Do I have to change some main settings so that the “custom”-ones aren’t ignored any longer?

Max and min transfer rates are settable in the GUI, Settings -> Fax Configuration

In my installation I can only choose between these values in the GUI (both min and max):

Just tested and there is no supported way to override the settings written by FreePBX by using the custom file. If you look at res_fax.conf, you will see the include comes after the opening of the general section but before the other settings. So to use res_fax_custom.conf correctly, you would not add the [general] line, that exists already, you just add your parameters.

Unfortunately, for any parameters that appear in both the custom file and res_fax conf file, the one to be read last governs. What the fax module needs at the moment is:

• GUI rate params expanded to include all acceptable values, not just the three provided
  • a new file called res_fax_custom_post.conf and a new include line at the end of res_fax for it.

You can open a feature request for this, but we’re not likely to assign a high priority. As an OSS module, ideally someone from the community will contribute these features.

OK. thanks. As a paying customer of the FaxPro-module I am disappointed now, but that seems to be the only way.

Changing the lines in
/var/www/html/admin/modules/fax/views/form.php
‘9600’ => ‘9600’,
‘12000’ => ‘12000’,
‘14400’ => ‘14400’

to

'4800' => '4800',
                    '9600'  => '9600',
                    '12000' => '12000',
                    '14400' => '14400',
                    '28800' => '28800',
                    '33600' => '33600' 

seems to do the trick, once. Maybe someone will find the time to add the missing values.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.