Rerouting incoming call

Hello All

I am trying to achieve the following:

A gateway is registered on Freepbx, and receives incoming call from the PSTN (ISDN). These calls are sent to freepbx in SIP - with callerid=isdn caller (ie 999999), and destination=isdn number of the gateway (say 1234).

I want to route this call to an external number (say 04001212). I’ve created an extension 1234 on my freepbx, and created a condition to forward to 04001212 if not reachable. This works, but I feel this is not the right way to do it (I initially thought of inbound route).

Is there a better way than to create this dummy extension ? I also have series of numbers I’d like to redirect (like 1234, 1235, 1236, etc…) to the same destination (04001212) - Do I have to create one extension for each ?

Thanks for the help

J.

On the inbound route you can send directly to a trunk.

That is my issue. I am not using inbound routes at all. I’ve initially created an inbound route, but the call was dropped by FreePBX (message: silence/1&cannot-complete-as-dialed&check-number-dial-again)

I therefore created a ‘dummy’ extension. The gateway registers as an extensions, and the call is seen from the gw extension to this dummy extension. looks weird to me

ok - found my issue

=> I had created an extension for the remote gateway to register - so the call was routed as any other extension.

=> I created a trunk for that gateway, and could route it via an inbound route