Remove the Freepbx name from pages?

Also note that there are ways to “minimize the appearance” of the FreePBX copyright notices on the pages. You can change the color of the font, change the size of the font, and several other crappy things that allow you to steal their code without violating the letter of the law.

Change the FreePBX icons, on the other hand, is handled through the Advanced Settings.

For a single installation, where the client is only complaining about the word “Free” in the name, reducing the impact of the copyright notices could be a good compromise. It’s like the credits at the end of a movie. Just because they spool by too fast to read doesn’t mean they aren’t there.

If, on the other hand, you want to become a phone installation company with your own “home grown” installation that you just happened to get from someone else, whatever they want to charge you sounds fair.

The FreePBX name… stats are 60 days behind and only account for master branches…

So when someone wants to discount or cheapen the above effort we who care for the project get a bit uppity.

1 Like

Where do you change the fonts at? I don’t mind paying for customers that want it off

Where is the best place to purchase the distro of PBXact?

Sounds to me like, you can’t change the copyright notice, but you can change the 2 logos.

I’d tell the client, sorry, I can’t. But I can find you something that is not as good and costs so you don’t have to see FreePBX.

1 Like

http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PPS/Installing+PBXact+UC+on+your+own+hardware

yes I read that already but it doesn’t’ actually say how to purchase the software after you install freepbx

Thank you for being a part of the FreePBX Community.

I am here in the Sales Department, and come across your inquiry to our PBXact product.

You actually can purchase a new system, or license CPE in-house via your Portal Account within the “Store”.

Licensing is available via our Sangoma Appliances (in-store), the aforementioned CPE server licenses. As for users, on CPE this can be added ala carte for the number of users/extensions to be housed. On the Sangoma PBXact appliances, user licenses are included up to the model number of the appliance. Ex: PBXAct 100 includes appliance, server license, and up to 100 user/extensions.

Here are the baseline feature sets of PBXact.

If you require additional assistance, we would be happy to help. We can be reached at (920)886-8130.

Thanks again for being a part of the greater FreePBX Community. We are glad you are here!

1 Like

Thanks for your help. At least I have options. $895 is a pretty good deal with all the modules and hardware we need. I can’t believe anyone buys another system.

1 Like

Clearly you don’t know much about the project, community or history however you seem to view it as a negative.

I have been in the FreePBX ‘business’ for over 10 years. We host thousands of users from education to Healthcare and SMB.

We take the time to educate our customers about the project and clearly communicate our value in the Open Source eco system. Our clients pay for our deployment, management and hosting skills.

Now that FreePBX is backed by a publicly traded company an Open Source solution is even easier to present. Sangoma’s value is without question.

Why anyone would want to obfuscate that is beyond me.

1 Like

We support, but wanted options. That’s why pbexact is perfect for us.