Remove "mailbox=..." line for a single extension

I tried searching for this and couldn’t find anything. I have one SIP phone (Avaya 2502SW) that doesn’t like the VM notify messages sent by *. The fix is to remove or comment out the “mailbox=” line in sip_additional.conf. This works, but of course the next time I add or change an extension, that’s going to get wiped out by freepbx. Is there anything I can do to keep that line commented out and have it not be reinserted when the file is rebuilt?

I know, I know, the phone sucks, but it was free, so what are you gonna do? :slight_smile:

First off I’d ask Avaya support why they are not handling the SIP standard message notification properly (it might be that you just need a newer firmware update).

Now by removing do you mean the whole like or will it work if you only have mailbox= with no value after it.

A blank and/or removing that should tell asterisk to NOT send notifications to the phone that there is a voicemail pending…

Assuming that a mailbox= without a value following will work here is how you can fix it. edit the extension, and remove the 412@… data and replace it with a single space. If you remove it totaly and press submit it fills it back in.

Let me know as there is one other way but it’s more compilcated and requires editing of a MySQL table for it to work.

have a look at #2912 as it sounds like it may be related.

I have the latest firmware, but from what I’ve read, Avaya doesn’t follow the sip standards because they want people to buy their expensive IPBX instead of using the phones with something like asterisk. Sigh.

“Assuming that a mailbox= without a value following will work here is how you can fix it. edit the extension, and remove the 412@… data and replace it with a single space. If you remove it totaly and press submit it fills it back in.”

I tried this, (putting a space in that field). So far, so good.

Thanks for the help.
Brad Wilmot