Remove DAHDI

Hello,

FreePBX 14 Asterisk 14, i want to remove DHADI, so i ran fwconsole ma delete dahdiconfig which removed the module.

But i want to remove all packeges, are the below safe to remove?

[root@freepbx ~]# yum list installed | grep dahdi
asterisk14-dahdi.x86_64                 14.7.5-1.sng7             @sng-pkgs
dahdi-firmware.noarch                   3.0.0-1.sng7              @anaconda/1712
dahdi-linux.x86_64                      2.11.1-50.sng7            @anaconda/1712
dahdi-tools.x86_64                      2.11.1-2.sng7             @anaconda/1712
kmod-dahdi-linux.x86_64                 2.11.1-50.sng7            @anaconda/1712

There’s something rattling around in my head about DAHDI being the “clock source” for the rest of the channel modules. I may well be conflating something else in there, though, so give it a try and let us know…

If i’d know of a feature of two that might get broken, i’d test it… It’s kinda hard to “try it” on a non-production system, there’s tons of details that can go wrong which you will only realize when users are complaining…

So if i’d know that let’s say conferencing and paging is at risk, then i’d try it. :slight_smile:

Hi!

I think that how safe this is depends on your setup…

The clock source issue Dave mentioned is for T1 and E1 I think…

There were very important DAHDI problems for a little bit in FreePBX 14 and most people didn’t notice be their systems didn’t require it in any way…

(very important as in totally not working…)

If you don’t have any telephony hardware that specifically requires it to function I am pretty sure that it is totally safe to remove…

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

We have SIP Trunks only, no hardware cards etc.

I removed DADHI from modules without any issues. Infact it was causing a bunch of errors because it wasn’t setup correctly and we weren’t using it.

1 Like

We’re talking here about the packages, not the module. (See original post)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.