Remote SMTP Delivery (FreePBX 2.8.1.5)

Hello all! So before anyone comments, I am aware this version of FreePBX has went end of life. I have a replacement and it will be installed in the next coming months. Now onto the issue, I can’t seem to get Remote SMTP Delivery configured correctly. We use smtp.com for our SMTP solution and have it running on a couple FreePBX v15 systems perfectly. When I try to save my changes I am receiving an error of “Authenticate not accepted from server”

Remote SMTP settings are the following;

SMTP Server: OTHER
Domain: send.smtp.com
Port: 2525 (I’ve also tried 25 and 2082)
Username: [email protected]
Password: xxxxxx
I do not have TLS enabled

Resolution: For some strange reason the PBX didn’t like the account I was using for SMTP.com so I just created a new sender account and that fixed the issue.

Unrelated to your question, but FreePBX 2.8 is end of life.
As is 2.9.
And 2.10.
And 2.11.
And 12
13 is getting pretty old.

You’re system hasn’t been current for about 10 years. It’s looooooooong past time to have a plan to move to a supportable version.

1 Like

Ahhh yes indeed it is definitely EOL (I even said that in the beginning of the post). I have a ClearlyIP system that will be replacing this old 2.8 system. Unable to travel to our NY office to replace said system due to COVID. Thanks for the heads up though.

1 Like

Resolution: For some strange reason the PBX didn’t like the account I was using for SMTP.com so I just created a new sender account and that fixed the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.