Remote Extensions

I have several branch offices that we are running on OpenVPN that extensions are going Unreachable periodically. I’m not losing my VPN connection as I can still ping the phones and I’m not losing every extension at each remote. The extensions slowly become reachable after 20ish minutes in no particular order. I’m running 13.0.192.16 and yealink T29Gs at all locations.

I would appreciate any direction any of you wonderful folks can provide!

/var/log/asterisk/full will tell the tail on why the phones are losing registration.

The only thing I can see in the area of the contact going is [2018-09-10 12:08:38] VERBOSE[1995] res_pjsip/pjsip_configuration.c: Contact 2214/sip:[email protected]:56198;rinstance=19d4422872a48be5 is now Unreachable. RTT: 0.000 msec [2018-09-10 12:08:38] VERBOSE[1995] res_pjsip/pjsip_configuration.c: Endpoint 2214 is now Unreachable

The message means that the system is not getting consistent “pings” back from the phone. The “0.000” msec RTT is strange though.

Off-hand, I’d look at the remote phone config and make sure it’s only trying to connect to your PBX through the VPN. If, for example, the route has become open-jawed, and so some of the packets that should be coming back through that interface might be coming in through your regular network routes. Some SIP debug might help - make sure that the phones are all sending and receiving data on the VPN interfaces.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.