Remote extension 911 setup

With newer, updated FreePBX versions “shifting” configuration technics slightly with every update/improvement and these changes/improvements make some forum posts slightly out of date.

This extension is at my home and connects to my system (at work) via VPN tunnel. In the event of a health emergency and some unknowing health worker would call “911” from this telephone the correct CID info needs to go to 911 operators for my home, not my work/business location. (Obviously, I do not want emergency responders arriving at my business location when they need to be at my home.)

I have searched the forums and found several posts but, they are slightly out of date. The best one appears to be “911 and VOIP” but it is from 2011. (Now, a five year old post.)

Currently running FreePBX version 13.0.182.

Where can I find to most current setup information for a remote extension to send correct (for it’s location) CID info when “911” is dialed at that extension?

1 Like

I am also interested in this post, from what I have seen, you need the telco that provides the DID number to register the correct number/location to get it done properly, but I could be way off here.

I am “sorting this out” as I go. I have posed this to my telco support staff as I have three telephone (DID) numbers with them. I know I can change one of those to specific 911 address I need but, how to make FreePBX use that (outbound route?) number for 911 calls from this particular extension?

I do NOT want to shift the direction of the thread, so, the question stands . . . “Where can I find to most current setup information for a remote extension to send correct (for it’s location) CID info when “911” is dialed at that extension?”

Perhaps I can determine my specific detail out from that info.

Setup a trunk with the correct DID.
Setup a route with a dial plan of o “911” with your extension and use that trunk.