Remote admin of Vultr hosted system

Hi all, I’m not new to FreePBX but I am new to hosting it in the cloud. So far everything is working great except I can only access the web admin site from home, the network I used to set it up. I set up a DNS A record to point to the IP address, When I got to the office today and tried opening the same url or IP, I get a 404. I’ve been digging around for a while today and can’t seem to find where this is being restricted. I am not using a VULTR firewall at the moment, relying on the FreePBX firewall instead. I whitelisted my IP scope in the responsive firewall but that didn’t seem to help. I an registering extensions just fine, it’s only the web GUI that I can’t access.

Thanks!

Steve

Check the System Admin module for banned IPs. It’s possible to be whitelisted in the responsive firewall, but the System Admin Intrusion Detection (fail2ban) can still lock you out.

Admin > System Admin > Intrusion Detection

Thanks Chris. Actually it wasn’t that, but I merely had to add my office WAN subnet to the list of trusted external networks. The interface has changed from all of the documentation I found (i.e. no more “zones” tab). I’m all set.

Cheers :smile:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.