Relocate call monitor recordings folder?

Is there any way to configure the call monitor recordings directory to be something other than /var/spool/asterisk/monitor ?

I’m dealing with an older system that I made the mistake of letting the installer auto-partition when it was first installed. So I’ve got a 2.4G root partition that’s perennially full, and a 180G home partition that’s virtually empty. The system is due for replacement in the next few months so I don’t want to hassle with trying to repartition, so I’ve just been moving space-hungry things like backups onto the empty partition.

Thanks
Mike

One way is to change that in advanced settings, a more space saving one is to “bind mount” a directory in home over your /var/spool/asterisk directory after rsync’ing the old to the new on

You would free space as shown currently by

du -hx --max-depth=1 /var/spool/asterisk

Wasn’t able to find the setting in advanced settings so I ended up just doing a quick and dirty symlink. Subsequently remembered and found the appropriate setting after turning display of read-only settings on.

Also discovered that having call recording forced on for calls that are 12+ hours long can be a great way to fill up all that disk space you aren’t using :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.