Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error

I’m having trouble getting my new installation of PBX in a Flash working. I’ve followed the steps in the installation guide but when I click on the orange line in the FreePBX gui to apply the changes I get the error message below.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to help resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1

exit: 1

Checking for PEAR DB…OK
Checking for PEAR Console::Getopt…OK
Checking for /etc/amportal.conf …OK
Bootstrapping /etc/amportal.conf …OK
Parsing /etc/amportal.conf …OK
Parsing /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf …OK
Connecting to database…OK
Connecting to Asterisk manager interface…FAILED
[FATAL] Asterisk Manager Connection Failure Failed to connect to the Asterisk manager through port: 5038

1 error(s) occured, you should view the notification log on the dashboard or main screen to check for more details.

Have you posted this on the PBX in a flash site? They have customized many things and you might have something that is just slightly out of wack.

sounds like Asterisk is not running, check the Status Panel.

Philippe Lindheimer - FreePBX Project Lead
http//freepbx.org - IRC #freepbx

Hi All,

Thanks for your input and suggestions. I did post the question on the pbx in a flash forum and the issue was finally resolved.

The link to the forum post on the pbx in a flash website is http://nerdvittles.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1359#post1359

Basically the issue was incompatible passwords between etc/asterisk/manager.conf and etc/amportal.conf

Mark

Seems if you change some of the passwords it get’s bent out of shape. Several of the posts say install it, leave it at all the defaults and it works. Change default passwords and things get wacked.

PBX in a Flash needs to create some routines to allow for password maintenance it looks like.

hello mark,

above link 404 error response…i am also found same error
Critical Error retrieve_conf failed, config not applied
Critical Error Asterisk Manager Connection Failure