Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 255

Hello All,

Any idea what this error means?

I am unable to apply config

Current Asterisk Version: 13.18.0

exit: 255
Unable to continue. Cron line added didn't remain in crontab on final check in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Cron.class.php on line 113
#0 /var/www/html/admin/modules/dashboard/Dashboard.class.php(113): FreePBX\Cron->addLine('* * * * * [ -x ...')
#1 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/DialplanHooks.class.php(107): Dashboard->doDialplanHook(Object(extensions), 'asterisk', 500)
#2 /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf(864): FreePBX\DialplanHooks->processHooks('asterisk', Array)
#3 {main}

What’s in crontab

crontab -u asterisk -l

2 Likes

Nothing happens when I used crontab -u asterisk -l

bump for help

Really? Nothing?

There is something seriously wrong with your system setup. The Asterisk user should definitely have a crontab.

Try “crontab -u asterisk -e” and see what happens.

this happens:

Your crontab is corrupt. Delete everything in there and then save. That should correct it.

How do I delete everything? I can’t edit anything on that screen.

It’s using your default editor. You’d have to tell us what your default editor is.

I don’t have a default editor, I tried to use VI but failed.

Can you tell me the proper command to set a editor?

Hi!

You failed with vi because you don’t know how to use it or because it was not present?

If it was not present try calling it with vim…

If however you are not coming with vi, check to see if you have nano on that system, it’s a lot easier to use when you didn’t learn to speak Klingon…

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

Ps: you don’t need to set an editor, you only need to run it…

i am not sure how to use it, can you provide the command for me to run it?

Bump, need help on how to run editor…

Hello, can you tell me the exact command to run the editor?

Just to be sure what we are dealing with, are you using the FreePBX distro or something else and what are you running this on?

Please don’t tell me a Raspberry Pi which the apparent strange corruption present in your file suggests you are running…

(Devices using SD cards for storage like the Pi are known to corrupt easily…)

Before trying to delete what is in that file can you please issue a

cat /var/spool/cron/asterisk

What are you getting with this, unreadable stuff or something readable?

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

thank you for your reply.

I am using the following: Incredible PBX/FAX 13-13.3 for CentOS7

I have issued the following but nothing happens: cat /var/spool/cron/asteriskCapture

Thank you!

Maybe try peer support on the Incredible PBX/PIAF forum https://pbxinaflash.com/community/forums/

There is always the option of migrating settings to a supported platform:
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PPS/Elastix+and+PBXinaFlash+to+FreePBX+Distro+Conversion+Tool