Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 255

I just ran a few updates this afternoon on our server when I went to apply the config changes and now I’m getting this error. I found other posts about this error but none of them have the same details like mine and I’m a little unsure what direction to go now.

The detailed error is:

Unable to continue. unlink(/var/lib/asterisk/bin/enc): Is a directory in /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf on line 207

Same here, see post “Errors after installing updates today”

1 Like

Me too. Today’s updates caused the error. Help would be appreciated!

exit: 255
Unable to continue. unlink(/var/lib/asterisk/bin/enc): Is a directory in /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf on line 207

Dashboard: retrieve_conf failed, config not applied

After i do a roll back to 13.0.85, I can apply without an error.

@hotshot I assume you are talking about Framework. It does not look like you can do a rollback from the GUI. What command lines did you use?

Having this issue also. How do I do a roll-back exactly?

not sure if you guys are still having this issue, but I just did another check for updates and applied the last freepbx framework and that resolved it…

Yes, but first you have to use the “Check Online” button, then you have the option “Previous” on the “FreePBX Framework” Module

Yes, it’s fixed in 13.0.87 :slightly_smiling:

Just update.

1 Like

Thank you. The framework 13.0.87 update seemed to fix the issue.

Yep, it was 13.0.88 by the time I got to a computer and no more after the update…