Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1

Changed an Extension in one Ring Group;Now when I try to Apply Config I get:

Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1 and if I click for more info I get:

exit: 1
found language dir en_UK for broadcast, not installed on system, skipping
found language dir fr for directory, not installed on system, skipping
[FATAL] Unable to load configuration due to extension count being less than available

I’m not aware of anything else having been changed, as when first I connected the “Apply Config” box was not present.

PBX Firmware: 5.211.65-19
PBX Service Pack: 1.0.0.0

I have searched and don’t see another post like mine, so reaching out for assistance.

Version of FreePBX is?

Asterisk version is: Ver. 11.13.0 - is that what you’re asking for?

No I am asking for the FreePBX version. It is on the footer of every page.

Sorry - just coming up to speed on it - it is 12.0.7

Did you update all modules. Go to “Module Admin” and check online and update everything.

1 Like

I’ve not upgraded modules before - does it cause any downtime to users of the PBX?

No. it does not…

Hello all,
I am having the same message as the Opening Thread describes

I am using the 6.12.65 Distro

FreePBX 12.0.76.2
Asterisk 11.19.0
Linux 2.6.32-431.el6.i686

Built a surrogate and have it operational. Did a back up of that server and tried to restore on the main server we use

Is there anyway around this? I was hopeful to not have to build from scratch but can’t get past this error

Thanks,
Scott

did you get a fix for this error i seem to be having it too. I have changed language to United Kingdom and changed it back to english made no difference
Unknown Error. Please Run /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf
[FATAL] Unable to load configuration due to extension count being less than available

PBX Firmware:12.7.4-1804-2.sng7
PBXact UC 14.0.3.1
Asterisk 13.19.1
i have tried updating all modules
rolled back firewall module

What change did you make which caused this error?

i had imported some sound recordings from one system to the other and had to change the sound language to united kingdom I have tried setting it back to just English but makes no difference i then tried updating all modules but still made no difference. If i make any changes in the GUI and hit apply config it does save the changes but just keeps showing the error
Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1
Unknown Error. Please Run /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf
1 error(s) occurred, you should view the notification log on the dashboard or main screen to check for more details.

There is no further information on the dashboard or main screen

freepbx log shows
[2018-May-09 09:32:12] [FATAL] (libraries/utility.functions.php:476) - Unable to load configuration due to extension count being less than available
[2018-May-09 09:32:12] [CRITICAL] (BMO/Notifications.class.php:507) - [NOTIFICATION]-[freepbx]-[RCONFFAIL] - retrieve_conf failed, config not applied (Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1
2018-May-09 09:38:47] [ERROR] (bin/retrieve_conf:362) - /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/areminder failed to copy from module directory
[2018-May-09 09:38:47] [ERROR] (bin/retrieve_conf:362) - /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/calllimit failed to copy from module directory
[2018-May-09 09:38:48] [ERROR] (bin/retrieve_conf:362) - /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/enc failed to copy from module directory
[2018-May-09 09:38:48] [ERROR] (bin/retrieve_conf:362) - /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/enc failed to copy from module directory

I am having the same problem on a PBXAct 12.7.4-1804-1.SNG7 system. Made a simple change in the portal and when i click “Apply Config” I get the error:

“Reload failed because retreive.conf encountered an error:1
exit : 1
Unknown Error. Please Run /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf”

Then when got to the console and tun /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf, I get an error:

“[FATAL] Unable to load configuration due to extension count being less than available”

So now I can not apply any changes to the configuration.

PBXAct 12.7.4-1804-1.sng7
PBXAct US 14.0.2.14
Asterisk 13.19.1

Open a support ticket up at support.sangoma.com