Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1

Hello,

I restored a backup made yesterday from a local folder on the same server and get this error. I’m running PBX Firmware: 5.211.65-6 PBX Service Pack: 1.0.0.0 Asterisk 11.7.0

I’m on a VM with freepbxhosting

Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1

exit: 1
[FATAL] Unable to connect to Asterisk Manager from /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf, aborting 1 error(s) occurred.

Thank you in advance for any helpful thoughts.

Do the settings in /etc/asterisk.manager.conf match the settings in advanced settings?

Thank you for your response.

I have a etc/asterisk/manager.conf file, but don’t know where to look for ‘advanced settings’ to make a comparison.

Thank you

Well, I’m still confused, but now about more important things.

After several hours of concentrated thought I realized where the advanced settings were…

Your reply certainly helped point me in the right direction.

The manager.conf file contained two identical admins, with the exception of the second having a different password. The advanced settings of course only has one admin. I commented out this second user and reloaded from the CLI.

The instance of FreeBBX worked but I could no longer connect to it either with SSH or the FreePBX admin panel. The free PBX panel URL showed that the URL page did not exist. I rebooted the server, I went to the VM administration panel and powered off, then restarted the server and I also attempted to access the server using VNC.

About 15 minutes later everything was working perfectly without my really doing anything except commenting out the second admin in manager.conf.

I have no idea how/why there was a second user or if this was the cause of this issue to begin with.

Thank you