Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1 Migrating version 13 to 14

I’m trying to use the distro conversion tool (tried to put a link here but I’m not allowed) to migrate my freepbx 13.0.197 install up to the new version 14. I downloaded the latest iso image and installed freepbx 14 onto a fresh virtual machine and got it up and running. I ran the conversion tool and after that I have the “apply config” button up in the corner but after trying to apply it I get:

Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1

exit: 1
Unable to continue. Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/functions.inc.php on line 4099 #0 /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/functions.inc.php(4099): Whoops\Run->handleError(2, ‘Invalid argumen…’, ‘/var/www/html/a…’, 4099, Array) #1 /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/functions.inc.php(43): core_devices_get_user_mappings() #2 /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/functions.inc.php(460): core_conf->map_dev_user(‘100’, ‘mailbox’, ‘100@device’) #3 /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/functions.inc.php(104): core_conf->generate_sip_additional(‘13.19.1’) #4 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/FileHooks.class.php(65): core_conf->generateConf(‘sip_additional…’) #5 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/FileHooks.class.php(24): FreePBX\FileHooks->processOldHooks(Array) #6 /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf(877): FreePBX\FileHooks->processFileHooks(Array) #7 {main}

I tried going into the console and doing yum update and same thing. I searched onine and found this retrieve_conf error but not with anything related to the rest of the error I’m seeing.

I’m trying to see if updating all of the modules works but I don’t have a lot of hope.

One thing that happened during the conversion is that after I ran the tool on the NEW server and the key came up and then I ran it on the donor, I tried to ctrl C copy from Putty the key and it took it as an input to putty and the prompt went from something like “waiting for donor machine…” to Cleaning Up. Then I pasted the key in the donor machine but the process didn’t seem to do anything to the new machine, so I did the process over again copying the new key in the correct way and all processes finished normally.

The other weird thing is that I had a persistant problem with the Framework module always saying it had been tampered with and I could never resolve it. This started happening on the new machine after the migration.

My temptation right now is to blow away the VM and reinstall, however this activation thing kinda scares me that I can only ever reinstall my server twice without being in trouble. Not sure what I should do next. I’m a long time Freepbx user but I’m a little rusty as I haven’t used it much over the past couple years. Please let me know if there are any logs that might be helpful and where to find them.

Thanks!!!

Seems like another user has this issue.

Assuming it’s a bug: issues.freepbx.org

1 Like

You don’t need to Ctrl-C - that means ‘interrupt the current process’. Just highlighting the section copies it.

Yeah, thanks for the info. I figured that out real quick but I’m afraid I interrupted the script by doing it the wrong way :frowning:

I’ve been messing with this some more, I don’t have a very good idea what I’m doing but this is what I got from the freepbx log when trying to apply:

Depreciated Function callback_list detected in /var/www/html/admin/modules/callback/functions.inc.php on line 87
[2019-Apr-30 14:55:08] [WARNING] (disa/functions.inc.php:201) - Depreciated Function disa_get detected in /var/www/html/admin/modules/disa/functions.inc.php on line 88
[2019-Apr-30 14:55:08] [WARNING] (disa/functions.inc.php:201) - Depreciated Function disa_get_recording detected in /var/www/html/admin/modules/disa/functions.inc.php on line 106
[2019-Apr-30 14:55:08] [WARNING] (BMO/Notifications.class.php:507) - [NOTIFICATION]-[fax]-[invalid_email] - Invalid Email for Inbound Fax (User Manager users ‘100,102,103,104,105,106,107,108,109,110,112,113,114,118,120,200,300,305,1098,1099’ have the ability to receive faxes but have no email address defined so they will not be able to receive faxes over email,)
[2019-Apr-30 14:55:09] [WARNING] (libraries/modulefunctions.legacy.php:7) - Depreciated Function module_getinfo detected in /var/www/html/admin/modules/cxpanel/functions.inc.php on line 67
[2019-Apr-30 14:55:09] [WARNING] (libraries/modulefunctions.legacy.php:7) - Depreciated Function module_getinfo detected in /var/www/html/admin/modules/cxpanel/functions.inc.php on line 76
[2019-Apr-30 14:55:09] [WARNING] (libraries/modulefunctions.legacy.php:7) - Depreciated Function module_getinfo detected in /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/functions.inc.php on line 1050
[2019-Apr-30 14:55:09] [WARNING] (core/functions.inc.php:6175) - Depreciated Function core_users_list detected in /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/functions.inc.php on line 1641
[2019-Apr-30 14:55:09] [WARNING] (core/functions.inc.php:6175) - Depreciated Function core_users_list detected in /var/www/html/admin/modules/cxpanel/modify.php on line 187
[2019-Apr-30 14:55:09] [WARNING] (core/functions.inc.php:6175) - Depreciated Function core_routing_list detected in /var/www/html/admin/modules/accountcodepreserve/functions.inc.php on line 30
[2019-Apr-30 14:55:09] [WARNING] (core/functions.inc.php:6175) - Depreciated Function core_did_list detected in /var/www/html/admin/modules/blacklist/functions.inc.php on line 34
[2019-Apr-30 14:55:09] [WARNING] (core/functions.inc.php:6175) - Depreciated Function core_routing_list detected in /var/www/html/admin/modules/callrecording/functions.inc.php on line 415
[2019-Apr-30 14:55:10] [CRITICAL] (BMO/Notifications.class.php:507) - [NOTIFICATION]-[freepbx]-[RCONFFAIL] - retrieve_conf failed, config not applied (Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1)

So, I’m thinking that it may have something to do with user fax emails… I went into the user manager and disabled the fax for the group and also went to x100 and set it to “No” and still the error lists x100 in there. I also had duplicates for every user and deleted the ones that didn’t say “created by freepbx conversion tool” Still not able to get the settings to load :frowning: I have a lot of time in this now, I might need to cut my losses and stay on v13 until I can find another pbx solution.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.