Reject Reverse Charges

Anyone know what the end user hears / gets when they try to have an incoming call into the phone system when the Reject Reverse Charges setting is enabled?

we reject the call we dont do any playback. their carrier may give a fast busy or message

Hi!

Does it actually work? I tried it and it did not work and I get this in my logs when a call is made to one of my toll-free DIDs:

“WARNING[29585][C-000000b1]: func_channel.c:538 func_channel_read: Unknown or unavailable item requested: ‘reversecharge’”

This is with the current FreePBX distro running Asterisk 11…

Apparently Asterisk needs to be compiled with libpri support and the libpri used must support the feature according to this forum post on Digium’s site: http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2014-July/283777.html

So it looks like the reverse charge info is provided but we can’t act on it…

Have a nice day!

Nick

This feature is super experimental. That said it does require a PRI and for the carrier to provide the information.

Thank you for the information!

What’s peculiar, at least in my case, is that I am receiving this over SIP and the information is good as I only get this for my toll-free DIDs… A call to a regular DID doesn’t send that information…

Let’s hope Asterisk will eventually support receiving that information over SIP…

Thank you and have a nice day!

Nick