Registration issues if a trunk and a client come from the same network

Hi,

I am currently setting up FreePBX and I have the following scenario:

PBX server <-> Internet <-> Fritzbox <-> Local Network <-> Client

The PBX server is located in the cloud and has a public IP. The Fritzbox also has a static and public IP. Since I have already received telephone numbers from my provider, I do not see the need to buy more numbers from another provider. Therefore, my plan is to implement the following scenarios:

For the trunk: PBX server <-> Internet <-> Fritzbox
For an example extension: PBX server <-> Internet <-> Fritzbox <-> Local network <-> Client
For a second example extension: PBX server <-> Internet <-> Client

Unfortunately, I have now noticed that as soon as I activate the trunk with the Fritzbox, I can no longer connect any clients in the network behind it. I only get the following messages:

… from phonerlite → sip:420@**redacted** <Not Found>
… from asterisk → WARNING res_pjsip_registrar.c: AOR ‘’ not found for endpoint ‘fritzbox’ (**redacted**:40577)

Is it possible to create such a setup or do I need to reconsider my plan? Originally, I wanted to connect the local network to the PBX server with OpenVPN Cloud, but I cannot install the connector because python36u conflicts with python36.

Lazy fix: use chan_sip for the trunk. Unfortunately, you’ll eventually need a better solution.

If the Fritzbox can register and authenticate in this role, set up the trunk on the PBX end as Registration Receive, Authentication Both, Match Inbound Authentication auth username.

If it can authenticate but not register, I think you can make it work with a static AOR, but have not tested that.

If it also can’t authenticate, you might be able to work matching on a static username, but unless it can send the caller ID in PAI or RPID, you won’t have caller ID on incoming calls.

Other possibilities include using a different transport, e.g. extensions use UDP and the Fritz trunk uses TCP, or vice-versa.

Or, creating a second UDP transport on another port, though this requires lots of manual config file hackery.

Can’t you just run a regular OpenVPN server on the PBX machine? If you are running the Distro it’s already installed, though you need to configure it.

Yeah i allready have found that workaround with chan_sip. I allready try’d a static AOR but that changed nothing. It can authenticate the only thing which does not work is while the fritzbox is used as a trunk no sip clients can connect from behind the fritzbox. My workaround was/is: I tunneld with chan_sip some data back for the clients at home to the fritzbox and from there i registered my devices.

So its:
Call → Fritzbox → Internet → FreePBX → Internet → Fritzbox → Loacal Network → Device

I first wanted to avoid that because of delay but actualy its not that bad.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.