Recovering database from failed OS

Had a client’s installation blow up and the OS is basically non-recoverable. I can mount the drive externally still, is there a way to transfer their databases/etc over to a new machine? I can’t seem to find any instructions. Will need to do a full rebuild if not :frowning:

It seems that the machine froze during a yum update, the kernel and several other items became corrupted, including yum and every time we make it past one issue another pops up. Can’t afford to keep playing whack-an-error.

The mysql databases are in /var/lib/mysql , the sqlite3 database in /var/lib/asterisk , the voicemail database is /etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf.

If there is corruption of any sort, then of course they are suspect.

But they are “piecemeal” , the safest way is to always use the .tgz files you have saved in /var/spool/asterisk/backup/ and/or wherever you saved them off line (you should of course always do that)

The instructions are quite clear as to how to backup and restore the whole kaboozle in both the gui and the wiki linked above

If there are backups saved locallyl, they will be in /var/spool/asterisk/backup which is your best bet if you have a recent full backup.

Thank you gentlemen, my brain is completely shorted out right now…entirely possible I missed everything I needed to find. Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.