Recordings end up with two files, one with the caller on one channel and the other file with the agent

We have the following context defined in our extensions_custom.conf file.

[from-wf]
exten => _.,1,answer()
exten => _.,2,Set(NOW=${EPOCH})
exten => _.,3,Set(DAY=${STRFTIME(${NOW},%d)})
exten => _.,4,Set(MONTH=${STRFTIME(${NOW},%m)})
exten => _.,5,Set(YEAR=${STRFTIME(${NOW},%Y)})
exten => _.,6,Set(TIMESTR=${YEAR}${MONTH}${DAY}-${STRFTIME(${NOW},%H%M%S)})
exten => _.,7,Set(MON_FMT=${IF($[“${MIXMON_FORMAT}”=“wav49”]?WAV:${MIXMON_FORMAT})})
exten => _.,8,Set(CALLTYPE=external)
exten => _.,9,Set(CALLFILENAME=${CALLTYPE}-${CALLERID(dnid)}-${CALLERID(num)}-${TIMESTR}-${UNIQUEID})
exten => _.,10,Monitor(${MON_FMT},${MIXMON_DIR}${YEAR}/${MONTH}/${DAY}/${CALLFILENAME},m)
exten => _.,11,Set(CDR(recordingfile)=${CALLFILENAME}.${MON_FMT})
exten => _.,12,goto(from-internal,${EXTEN},1)

We have an application using the ASTMAN PHP library that will initiate a call to the agent, once the agent picks up it then calls the customer. This was used to record the call otherwise such calls were not being recorded even though we had set the trunk to force recordings and even the extension is set to force.

What we are seeing is that the call is being split into two files where the caller is on the left channel and the other file has the agent on the right channel.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening?

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+13+Application_Monitor

you are missing the -m option

Isn’t that what I have at the end on this line? Is it supposed to be “-m” instead of just “m”?

my bad, I missed that.

Perhaps

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+13+Application_MixMonitor

instead?

So use MixMonitor instead of Monitor?

Thus line 10 should look like the following:

exten => _.,10,MixMonitor${MON_FMT},${MIXMON_DIR}${YEAR}/${MONTH}/${DAY}/${CALLFILENAME})

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.