Record calls immediately in FreePBX 13?

Hello,
In the call recording options of an older version of FreePBX, there was the option to either “Record Immediately”, which would record the ringing before the call was answered, or “Record on answer” which would start recording when the call was answered. In FreePBX 13, the call recording options have changed, and if call recording is enabled, the call recording starts when the call is answered. I would like to record calls starting immediately. Is this possible in FreePBX 13? Thanks.

Hi! Nobody seems knows the answer, so, I found the solution myself (I have Asterisk 11 and FreePBX 13 installed on my Raspberry Pi 3).
That’s the way:
open etc\asterisk\extensions_additional.conf Find string
_

exten => recordcheck,n,MixMonitor(${MIXMON_DIR}${YEAR}/${MONTH}/${DAY}/${CALLFILENAME}.${MON_FMT},abi(LOCAL_MIXMON_ID)${MIXMON_BEEP},${MIXMON_POST})
Replace abi with ai (simply delete character b)
The result will be:

exten => recordcheck,n,MixMonitor(${MIXMON_DIR}${YEAR}/${MONTH}/${DAY}/${CALLFILENAME}.${MON_FMT},ai(LOCAL_MIXMON_ID)${MIXMON_BEEP},${MIXMON_POST})

Save changes.
Next step: open
var\www\html\admin\modules\callrecording\functions.inc.php
Find string

$ext->add($context, $exten, ‘’, new ext_mixmonitor(’${MIXMON_DIR}${YEAR}/${MONTH}/${DAY}/${CALLFILENAME}.${MON_FMT}’,‘abi(LOCAL_MIXMON_ID)${MIXMON_BEEP}’,’${MIXMON_POST}’));

Replace abi with ai and save changes. After that, reload Asterisk, and enjoy - all calls are now recording with dial tones, music on hold, announcements etc, in my FreePBX recording options on all incoming and outgoing are set to FORCE. In every case, it works in my FreePBX 13 :slight_smile:
But have in mind, when you load FreePBX web panel, you are probably will get security warning:
Module: “Call Recording”, File: "/var/www/html/admin/modules/callrecording/functions.inc.php altered"
it won’t affect anything, just close this notification

Only two comments.

1. Changing /etc/asteris/extensions_additional.conf is not safe, since the system will eventually overwrite it.
  2. Changing /var/www/html/admin/modules/callrecording/fiunctions.inc.php is not safe because it will be overwritten if the call recordings module is ever updated.

A better course of action (in my opinion) would be to put in an Issues ticket documenting the problem and your findings. That way, your change can be brought into the system with the correct options set.