Recommended firmware

I usually slowly roll out firmware updates by pushing new firmware to the unused slot defined in templates and then update each template to use that slot and perform a save/update/rebuild and apply. So I’m always going back and forth between slot 1 and slot 2. Limits issues that may crop up with firmware updates not agreeing with my setup.

I never use the “Recommended” option of “Force Firmware Version” as I couldn’t find any documentation on what exactly that does. What does setting that actually do?

Are there better ways of safely rolling out firmware updates?

The recommended firmware slot does pretty much the same thing as you’re doing now, but the firmware version is controlled by EPM. It stays current but not the cutting edge. As an admin you don’t control when updates happen, it’s controlled by EPM and the schedule we publish on.

If your current system works for you, then you’re fine. If you’re a set-it-and-forget-it type of admin, then recommended would work better.

Thanks for the info. I’m a control freak, so I’ll keep on with my current routine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.