Reallocate Disk Space

I recently migrated from an old Elastix install to FreePBX on a new machine. The last step is to migrate our call recordings, which take up a fair amount of disk space, but the FreePBX installer allocated almost all of the disk space on the new machine to /home, which means that there is VERY little left for recordings.

Does anyone have a relatively painless method for me to re-allocate this data? I was thinking of just mounting the existing home partition as /var/spool/asterisk/monitor and copying the home directories to the root partition, but I wanted to see if anyone has already invented this particular wheel.

On a side note, why is there so much space allocated to /home? what will the system be storing there?

Many thanks,

Tom

AS a quick followup, I have remounted the partitions to suit my needs, but I would be interested to hear if anyone has any thoughts on whether doing so might cause any problems.

Tom

I looked at several FreePBX Distros I have installed and all of them allocated all space to / under a single partition.

You did not mention how you installed of what OS you are using so it is difficult to tell exactly why your disks were partitioned the way they were.

Odd. I used the FreePBX distro ISO and chose the advanced setup option (though I did not see any partition options.