rc_avpair_new: unknown attribute 1490026597

Can anyone explain what this means?

rc_avpair_new: unknown attribute 1490026597

Im getting it 100’s of times in my full log.

Should I be worried?

FPBX : 2.10.1.0
Asterisk: 10.5.0

32 bit

If you don’t know what radius is and haven’t installed it, a simple google would suggest that yes you perhaps should be, do you wear any protection?

Please tell us yourOS/distro version, it makes a difference.

“do you wear any protection?”
“If you don’t know what radius is and haven’t installed it, a simple google would suggest that yes you perhaps should be”
“Please tell us yourOS/distro version, it makes a difference”

Yes, I know what radius is.

No, I didnt install it.

Yes, I use protection if you mean firewalls and IDS. (Iptables/fail2ban)

Yes, I did a google search and found 10+ ambiguous and off topic responses with this log entry, none of the relevant since they are all over the place on possible causes and tangents.

I thought I stated the distro version in my post.

The OS is CentOS 6.2.

Asterisk is logging this message. If its a RADIUS error message and Asterisk uses RADIUS, then its new to me.

Jerk or otherwise, You simply stated :-

FPBX : 2.10.1.0
Asterisk: 10.5.0

these are neither a distribution or an operating system,

Centos 6.2 is an OS, it doesn’t “come with” either FRPBX (sic.) or Asterisk.

“Distros” come with OS’s and all the above. There are many, there is PIAF, there is the FreePBX/Schmooze one, there is AsteriskNow from Digium there are many more. Even you, an obvious non-jerk should remember how you installed it.

The messages that are of concern are coming from res_radius.so or cdr_radius.so if you didn’t install it then there is something to worry about.

The “Protection” thing was about whether you cared to install a firewall, IDS, rootkit detector or some such, if not then those google results might well be concern for you, jerk or otherwise.

I guess you found none of that constructive so Iwill honor your request to have nothing more to say to you.

Good Luck and if you are open minded, you will find that there will be many things “new to you” in your future.

Turns out it is Radius. Specifically cdr_radius module.

Previous Distro’s that Ive used didnt have this module installed.

I removed it and the error went away.

As one “professional” to another, I gave you a clue in my first post about Radius, I courteously asked you about your deployment for more info and posted you a full recovery. I could not as a “professional” give you more until you gave us more. As yet you have declined to answer about your deployment. Oh well. It was you that threw the hissy fit.

I generally won’t come over to your place to read you a bedtime story and fix it for you. I assume you also think of yourself as a “professional”. Yet . . .

You called me a jerk. then used my information to fix your situation.

I ask you two things given those demonstrable truths.:-

Who is the jerk here?
Who is the professional?

So, as far as this forum goes, I am pleased that you fixed your problem.

Personally, I am rather gratified that you as a self confessed “professional” think I am a jerk, hate me and never will talk to me again. (I think a true “professional”, although she might truly think that, should probably just STFU in an open forum as this is). For me that will be one less-professional (sic) jerk I would care to deal with.

as a parting shot I will re-iterate
. . .if you are open minded, you will find that there will be many things “new to you” in your future. . . . The implicit corollary will, I hope, be obvious to you!

Go in peace my friend, you need it, you will find it right after you find courtesy.

Actually you helped, but I had already found the google search that landed me on the freeradius page with the same error.

itcoresys has both removed his derogatory comments about me and apologised to me personally. I accept in good faith those efforts. Let’s move on . . .