Random failure on incoming calls

Hello, I have mounted a Freepbx version 14.0.13.34 switchboard and I’m having problems with incoming calls, which randomly fail, what I notice is that they don’t get to the switchboard, could it be a provider problem?
How can I verify that the problem is not from my switchboard?

If this is an on-site PBX, behind a NAT router, the most common cause is loss of the NAT association or provider sending calls from multiple IP addresses.

If Reports -> Asterisk Logfiles shows nothing at all for a failing call, I’d first suspect that it’s not being passed by your router/firewall.

Is your trunk using registration, or IP authentication? Do you have qualify set? Router/firewall make/model? Any special settings for VoIP?

Hi @Stewart1 thanks for the prompt reply.
It is not behind a firewall.
Nothing appears in Asterisk Logfiles.
The provider uses registry.
The control panel is mounted on a server.

Are there any log entries showing the trunk going unreachable?
If not, capture traffic with sngrep or tcpdump and see whether any INVITE packets come in for a failing call. Possibly, the packet came from an unexpected IP address or was sent to an unexpected port. If you see nothing, ask the provider to show you a trace from their end.

Indeed, viewing the trunk logs and every so often results in 401 Unauthorized.
What could this be due to?

Which sip trunk provider are you using?

Metrotel de Argentina

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.