Queues-Trying to skip unavailable / DND static agents

Hello everyone,

I’ve been searching online and trying several different settings and I can’t seem to solve this problem.

The phones are softphones. When the software is run, they register. When the software is closed, they unregister.

I would like to set up static queue members so they don’t have to log into and out of the queue, but if all static members are unreachable…have it go to the failover destination.

This works great with ring-groups, the destination being the queue, but for some reason, the queue isn’t seeing that the static agents CAN’T answer the phone.

Right now, I have:
FreePBX 2.10.0.7
Asterisk 1.8.12.0
One static member => 301, 0

Max Callers: 0
Join Empty: No
Leave Empty: Yes

(tried every which combination…)

When I register extension 301 and turn on DND, the ring group sees this and passes the call to the queue. Where it sits. I’d like the queue to see that the user is DND, and go to fail-over; behaving the same way if the extension is NOT registered.

It seems like there should be an extensible way to accomplish this. Does anybody have any ideas?

Make sure you have hints enabled on the queue and in advanced settings module in FreePBX

Make sure you have hints enabled on the queue and in advanced settings module in FreePBX

This is weird, when I set Dynamically Generate Hints to “true” it doesn’t let me save it in the FreePBX UI. It doesn’t give me the little check box. and I do have execincludes=yes in asterisk.conf