Queues, Remote Extensions and Voicemail

Hi,

I have a strange problem with queues and remote extensions. We have two asterisk V1.2 servers with FreePBX V2.3.1.5 running on them. The servers (London and Manchester) are connected together via an IAX trunk with the appropriate outbound routes in place.

We have a queue defined on the London switch that contains two local extensions and two remote extensions (from the other switch in Manchester). The queue is set to ringall.

Normally everything works fine, and calls ring on all the extensions (London and Manchester) so they can be answered. The problems start when one of the remote extensions is busy. Rather than just registering that it is busy (as it does with the local extensions) the call from the queue gets put through to the buys extensions voicemail. If one of the local extensions is busy it is ignored and the other phones keep ringing.

If I disable voicemail on the remote extensions then everything works as you would expect.

I have checked and all the extensions have call waiting disbabled in FreePBX and no call forwards are in place.

Anyone any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

Graham

it can’t block the remote extension, which looks just like any other external number to the local pbx. So the only solutions are:
[list]
[] give them an extension off the pbx where the queue is
[
] call them via a ringgroup with call confirmation enabled on the ringgroup (so they have to acknowledge the call keeping it out of voicemail) (or similar with a local followme)
[*] disable their voicemail as you did
[/list]

Thanks for your response.

Would a ring group on the remote pbx without call confirmation deal with the issue? Then the call would be in the remote ring group and normal rules regarding voicemail would apply on the remote switch?

Can this issue be ‘fixed’? Would using dundi make any difference?

Are there any plans for tying multiple switches together closer than they are now?

Thanks

Graham

Hi,

Just had a thought. The queue with issue contains two extensions from each site. These are the receptionist at the sites. The Manchester receptionist act as overflow for the London ones. Manchester has it’s own queue configured with the two local extensions.

Could I put the Manchester queue number in as an extension in the London queue? The queues don’t have any prompts or announcements as that is all done with an IVR on the front.

So I would have:

London Reception Queue - 2001
2011 (Receptionist 1)
2012 (Receptionist 2)
3001 (Manchester Reception Queue

Manchester Reception Queue - 3001
3011 (Receptionist 1)
3012 (Receptionist 2)

Would this work and get around the voicemail issue without having to create additional ring groups or follow me’s?

Thanks

Graham