Queues: Agent Announcement appear empty

I’ve found a big bug into the queue & recording system, suddenly i can’t no choose Agent Announcement, and only hacking a bit the code solve it.

check the bug if want more detailed info
http://www.freepbx.org/v2/ticket/4244#comment:2

the only problem seems i’m using some combined recordings , but not the ones i want to use as Agent Recordings.

setting to true the tresults get the list back.

file: page.queues.php (line 375)

[content edited as it was breaking the forum]

adriavidal,

I am sorry you are having issues, however as indicated in the information in the ticket, there appears to be a problem on your specific system. This is not broken, it has been confirmed to work properly on multiple systems.

Telling people to modify their code is only going to lead someone else down the wrong path resulting in breaking their systems.

You may want to seek further help via the thread to see why it is not functioning on your system, or see if you can’t get a fellow community member to get onto your system and see if another set of eyes can help you (or look into paid support options if this is really hindering your business).

But for the sake of other readers here, the issue in question appears to work fine. Putting a “true” into that function will result in “compound” recordings being listed in addition to “simple” recordings. Compound recordings, if you have any, will either break the queue or result in only the first of the recordings being played at that point. That is why these are not listed for this particular option.

my last post at the bug tracker was a select from the recordings, and there is a mix of “simple” recordings & “compound” recordings.
The suggestion to put on true is only for the poor one like me that can get that function not working correctly.

Tomorrow i will clone all my configs into a new machine, to see what happends, but i’m quite sure the system is fully working.

We deploy a lot of voip systems and watching these kind of malfunctions into freepbx is not good for bussines.

If you put in “a lot” of voice systems you should consider donating to the development of the Custom Context Module. http://www.freepbx.org/bounties/custom-context

If you are making money off the software it’s only right to give back.

let’s see how good is these forum and the closed bug track first, don’t you think so?

I think the guys do an amazing job, this is the most transparent, well managed project I have ever had the privilege to be associated with.

adria,

concerning your comment:

I’ll simply say that the help on the forums can only be as good as the amount of information that you provide. The issue you are having can not be reproduced by anyone who has tried to do such.

If you want to get to the bottom of this then you are going to have to help yourself a bit more. Since you are obviously comfortable enough to at least touch the code, you may want to start instrumenting the function in question with some debug tracing to find out why it is not working on your system.

Furthermore, you may want to make the effort in places like the bug tracker to read the trac formatting requirements so that the information you put in there is readable. Plenty of people have pasted information that did not format correctly because it is a form of “wiki” and expects it’s own ‘language’ when entering information. However, the people who cared enough to get the help and their information across go back when they realize their slip and re-enter it so it is readable.

Could there be a bug somewhere in FreePBX that is causing this, sure, it’s always possible. However, if it is, it is something very bizarre because the code is very straight forward that generates this list. I can also say that there is nothing from any of the information that you have provided on this issue of yours that points to a bug.

Another point I would like to make concerning your comment, the Forums are also only as good as the community’s involvement in helping each other. You have obviously been using FreePBX for many years as you have filed a number of bugs going back over 4 years, and bug reports are always appreciated and valuable for all. However, it would appear you have never spent any time in the forums until this thread, either posting or responding to others. Of course there is nothing anywhere that says it is anyone’s duty to do such, but to come out with a comment like let’s see how good is these forum and the closed bug track first, don’t you think so? in light of these facts is a bit presumptuous, “don’t you think so?”

As far as SkykingOH’s remark wrt to custom context, my statements have nothing to do with that though if it turns out that you do in fact use that module, then I would tend to agree with him and if not then it would not be relevant.

Ok, let’s try making things step by step.

1. Click Queues on left menu
  2. Choose an already done queue from the right menu(same problem with a new one)
  3. Into the Queue Options: the Agent Announcement menu appear as: [none]
  4. The Join Announcement menu appear correctly filled with recordings

/var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin list

Module              Version           Status
------------------- ----------------- ------------------- 
announcement        2.7.0.0           Enabled             
asterisk-cli        2.7.0.0           Enabled             
asteriskinfo        2.7.0.0           Enabled             
backup              2.7.0.5           Enabled             
blacklist           2.7.0.0           Enabled             
builtin                               Enabled             
callback            2.7.0.0           Enabled             
callforward         2.7.0.3           Enabled             
callwaiting         2.7.0.0           Enabled             
cidlookup           2.7.0.2           Enabled             
conferences         2.7.0.1           Enabled             
core                2.7.0.6           Enabled             
customappsreg       2.7.0.0           Enabled             
customerdb          2.5.0.4           Enabled             
dashboard           2.7.0.1           Enabled
daynight            2.7.0.0           Enabled
dictate             2.7.0.1           Enabled
disa                2.7.0.0           Enabled
donotdisturb        2.7.0.0           Enabled
dundicheck          2.7.0.0           Enabled
featurecodeadmin    2.7.0.0           Enabled
findmefollow        2.7.0.4           Enabled
framework           2.7.0.2           Enabled
fw_ari              2.7.0.1           Enabled
fw_fop              2.7.0.0           Enabled
fw_langpacks        2.7.0.1           Enabled
gabcast             2.5.0.2           Enabled
infoservices        2.7.0.0           Enabled
inventorydb         2.5.0.2           Enabled
irc                 2.7.0.0           Enabled
ivr                 2.7.0.2           Enabled
javassh             2.7.0.0           Enabled
languages           2.7.0.2           Enabled
logfiles            2.7.0.0           Enabled
manager             2.7.0.1           Enabled
miscapps            2.7.0.0           Enabled
miscdests           2.7.0.0           Enabled
music               2.7.0.4           Enabled
outroutemsg         2.7.0.2           Enabled
paging              2.7.0.0           Enabled
parking             2.7.0.0           Enabled
pbdirectory         2.7.0.0           Enabled
phonebook           2.7.0.0           Enabled
phpagiconf          2.7.0.0           Enabled
phpinfo             2.7.0.0           Enabled
pinsets             2.7.0.0           Enabled
printextensions     2.7.0.0           Enabled
queueprio           2.7.0.0           Enabled
queues              2.7.0.3           Enabled
recordings          3.3.9.4           Enabled
ringgroups          2.7.0.2           Enabled
sipsettings         2.7.0.1           Enabled
speeddial           2.7.0.1           Enabled
timeconditions      2.7.0.0           Enabled
vmblast             2.7.0.0           Enabled
voicemail           2.7.0.0           Enabled
weakpasswords       2.7.0.0           Enabled
zoip                0.2.0             Enabled

select form the recordings table

mysql> select * from recordings;
+----+-----------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------+-------+------------+
| id | displayname           | filename                                                                                        | description                   | fcode | fcode_pass |
+----+-----------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------+-------+------------+
|  1 | __invalid             | install done                                                                                    |                               |     0 | NULL       | 
| 39 | tessssssssssssssssst  | custom/tessssssssssssssssst                                                                     | No long description available |     0 | NULL       | 
| 41 | cua-administracio     | custom/cua-administracio                                                                        | No long description available |     0 | NULL       | 
| 42 | cua-centresuport      | custom/cua-centresuport                                                                         | No long description available |     0 | NULL       | 
| 23 | festivitatlocal-cat   | silence/es/1&custom/festivitatlocal-cat&custom/festivitatlocal-cas&custom/deiximissatge1-catcas | No long description available |     0 |            | 
| 24 | horarilaboral         | custom/benvinguts-ilimit&silence/es/1&custom/horarilaboral-cat&custom/horarilaboral-cas         | No long description available |     0 |            | 
| 17 | admintancat-cas       | custom/admintancat-cas                                                                          | No long description available |     0 | NULL       | 
| 18 | admintancat           | custom/admintancat-cat&custom/admintancat-cas                                                   | No long description available |     0 |            | 
| 19 | benvinguts-ilimit     | custom/benvinguts-ilimit                                                                        | No long description available |     0 | NULL       | 
| 20 | deiximissatge1-catcas | custom/deiximissatge1-catcas                                                                    | No long description available |     0 | NULL       | 
| 21 | deiximissatge-catcas  | custom/deiximissatge-catcas                                                                     | No long description available |     0 | NULL       | 
| 22 | festivitatlocal-cas   | custom/festivitatlocal-cas                                                                      | No long description available |     0 | NULL       | 
| 26 | horarilaboral-cat     | custom/horarilaboral-cat                                                                        | No long description available |     0 | NULL       | 
| 25 | horarilaboral-cas     | custom/horarilaboral-cas                                                                        | No long description available |     0 | NULL       | 
| 40 | cua-comercial         | custom/cua-comercial                                                                            | No long description available |     0 | NULL       | 
| 31 | jornadainterna-cas    | custom/jornadainterna-cas                                                                       | No long description available |     0 | NULL       | 
| 32 | jornadainterna-cat    | custom/jornadainterna-cat&custom/jornadainterna-cas&custom/deiximissatge1-catcas                | No long description available |     0 |            | 
| 33 | liniesocupades-catcas | custom/liniesocupades-catcas                                                                    | No long description available |     0 | NULL       | 
| 34 | menu-guardies         | custom/menu-guardies                                                                            | No long description available |     0 | NULL       | 
| 35 | menu-ilimit           | custom/menu-ilimit                                                                              | No long description available |     0 | NULL       | 
| 36 | tancat-cas            | custom/tancat-cas                                                                               | No long description available |     0 | NULL       | 
| 37 | tancat-cat            | custom/tancat-cat&custom/tancat-cas                                                             | No long description available |     0 |            | 
| 43 | cua-projectesweb      | custom/cua-projectesweb                                                                         | No long description available |     0 | NULL       | 
| 44 | introExt              | es/es/enter-ext-of-person                                                                       | No long description available |     0 |            | 
| 45 | beepppppp             | beep                                                                                            | No long description available |     0 |            | 
25 rows in set (0.00 sec) 

Thanks

I will step in here as it was I that closed the ticket.

The reason for me to close the ticket was that I tested the scenario on two different servers and was not able to duplicate it. I also posted in the ticket two or three times that I suggested that you could create a thread in the forum so that I could ask more questions about your setup and other things.

I also stated in the ticket that if a bug was found I would ope the ticket again.

Enough about that.

So, on to the questions.

Could you write a step by step how you do when you can’t select your recording. Do it like:

1. Click on Queues on the left.
  2. Click on a queue
  3. Select …
    etc etc.

Could you also do this in a shell:
/var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin list
This will list all your modules, the version of it and if it is enabled or not.
When you post it here please post it between section of

[ code ]
[ /code ]

Remove the spaces between the [ ] and the word code

Lets start with this and see what we find.

I’ll simply say that the help on the forums can only be as good as the amount of >information that you provide. The issue you are having can not be reproduced by >anyone who has tried to do such.

Ok, i’m alone with these problem, bad luck.

If you want to get to the bottom of this then you are going to have to help >yourself a bit more. Since you are obviously comfortable enough to at least >touch the code, you may want to start instrumenting the function in question >with some debug tracing to find out why it is not working on your system.

Is not a problem for me try to put a bit of verbose into the code, but that’s not what the bug track system said.

Furthermore, you may want to make the effort in places like the bug tracker to >read the trac formatting requirements so that the information you put in there >is readable. Plenty of people have pasted information that did not format >correctly because it is a form of “wiki” and expects it’s own ‘language’ when >entering information. However, the people who cared enough to get the help and >their information across go back when they realize their slip and re-enter it so >it is readable.

Ok, i will admit can be my fault, the las post at the bugtrack system was not readable, but i don’t know if really matter as the bug was already closed.

Could there be a bug somewhere in FreePBX that is causing this, sure, it’s >lways possible. However, if it is, it is something very bizarre because the code >is very straight forward that generates this list. I can also say that there is >nothing from any of the information that you have provided on this issue of >yours that points to a bug.

Another point I would like to make concerning your comment, the Forums are also >only as good as the community’s involvement in helping each other. You have >obviously been using FreePBX for many years as you have filed a number of bugs >going back over 4 years, and bug reports are always appreciated and valuable for >all. However, it would appear you have never spent any time in the forums until >this thread, either posting or responding to others. Of course there is nothing >anywhere that says it is anyone’s duty to do such, but to come out with a >comment like let’s see how good is these forum and the closed bug track first, >don’t you think so? in light of these facts is a bit presumptuous, “don’t you >think so?”

Dont’ you think so, that after posting a “bug” or not, posting into the forum, and getting as response: maybe you want to get into a bounty for a module!!! is really not a good way to solve any problem.

As far as SkykingOH’s remark wrt to custom context, my statements have nothing >to do with that though if it turns out that you do in fact use that module, then >I would tend to agree with him and if not then it would not be relevant

Will try to repost info at the closed “bug”, maybe these info can help someone in the future.

OK, now can you do this selection in MySQL and post it here:

select agentannounce_id, joinannounce_id from queues_config;
mysql> select agentannounce_id, joinannounce_id from queues_config;
+------------------+-----------------+
| agentannounce_id | joinannounce_id |
+------------------+-----------------+
|               43 |              45 |
|               42 |              45 |
|                0 |              45 |
|                0 |              45 |