Queue Prefix - can't see the number that called

Hi all!

I have just set up prefixes “sales”, “support” and “accounts” for the respective queues, but I notice that when the call comes in on that queue, we only see the prefix, not the number. It also means that contact lookup doesn’t work, so you end up always answering the call as if you were answering to someone that has never called before (we typically have the same 100 people call our office on a regular basis with only about 10% new callers).

Is there a way to have the CID displayed as “Sales: 0400 000 000” all on the same line so that we can see it’s a sales call and we can see the number?

And is it possible to have the contact lookup function work so that if the number is recognised, it doesn’t display the prefix and the number, just the contact name?

Set Advanced Settings > Dialplan and Operational > Only Use Last CID Prepend to No

Thanks @comtech greatly appreciated!

Does this answer the first question or the second question? What will be the expected result after setting that feature to “no”?

Thanks, I saw that. But my 2 questions were:

1. Is there a way to have the CID displayed as “Sales: 0400 000 000” all on the same line so that we can see it’s a sales call and we can see the number?

2. And is it possible to have the contact lookup function work so that if the number is recognised, it doesn’t display the prefix and the number, just the contact name?

I’m going to assume that this will resolve question 1. Is there a way to also resolve question 2? Or will this setting do that also? If so, can you explain a bit about how the function works?

CID Superfecta User Guide - PBX GUI - Documentation (freepbx.org)

1 Like

If I use the CID Superfecta, does this mean I will need to add in every contact name and number in the CID rules? Can’t it use the contacts lookup in FreePBX?

Yes it can. Have you read the wiki and searched the forum?

Thanks Comtech. I’ve read the wiki but haven’t searched the forums yet. But now that I know that this is possible, I’ll do some research on it. Thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction!

Have an awesome day!!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.