Queue Pause Hints always Unavailable

Hello,

I’m trying to register BLFs for Queue Pausing, but the pause hints are always unavailable.

463566@ext-queues : qpause:5900:Local/35 State:Unavailable Watchers 0
4635665900@ext-queues : qpause:5900:Local/35 State:Unavailable Watchers 0
5901@ext-queues : qpause:5901:Local/35 State:Unavailable Watchers 0
4635665902@ext-queues : qpause:5902:Local/35 State:Unavailable Watchers 0
5903@ext-queues : qpause:5903:Local/35 State:Unavailable Watchers 0
463566*5904@ext-queues : qpause:5904:Local/35 State:Unavailable Watchers 0

However, the logged in/logged out hints work just fine.

*45*3566@ext-queues : Custom:QUEUE3566*590 State:InUse Watchers 1

Sorry for the lack of information. I’m not sure what else I should be giving. Any hints on this issue would be very helpful.
(Pun intended)

Thanks!
Eric

bump

bump
Anyone??

bump for children!

I’m starting to think that this is a bug in FreePBX. I can’t figure it out. I’m amazed no one else has responded or is having the same problem.

After digging and digging, I finally figured out the issue. Pause is not updating the devstate.

The Queue toggle has a line like this.

exten => s,n,Set(STATE=${IF($["${QUEUESTAT}"="LOGGEDOUT"]?INUSE:NOT_INUSE)})

The Pause toggle does not.

It is now clear that this is an issue on FreePBXs part. When can we expect this to be fixed?

If you have discovered a bug you need to open a ticket for it to get reported and fixed.

Was a bug ever opened for this. I see there is a change set for 2.12 http://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-6838

Is there a workaround or a method to set a custom hint while this isn’t working. The Custom hint would need to be updated on both Auto Pause and Pause Toggle.

Any help would be much appreciated!

What version of Asterisk are you using? Pretty sure this only works in Asterisk 11.

For this feature to work you need to be using FreePBX Distro as its a patch we did in Asterisk that has been accepted into Asterisk 12. That ticket link you are referring to is a change we have to make for Asterisk 12 not FreePBX 2.12 directly.

Thanks Tony for your prompt response. Are you aware of any workaround we could use on asterisk 11. My users need to be able to see if they have been auto paused through a BLF key on a snom320.

Use the FreePBX Distro or go get the patch from digium and apply it to your Asterisk 11 source and re-install asterisk.

Not quite the answer I was looking for! But thanks for your help. I suppose some sort of script to look at the pause status and manually set a custom hint would be the only solution without switching distro or recompiling!

You can also grab our Source RPM and get the patch out of their. http://yum.freepbxdistro.org/pbx/SRPMS/asterisk/11/