Queue moh and parking lot moh configuration

Let’s say I have the following dialplan (using placeholders for music for easier explanation):

Queue 1 with country music (20 seconds)
Queue 2 with R&B music (20 seconds)
Queue 3 with Rap music (20 seconds)
General voicemail

I also have a default moh category with Techno music.

If an agent from queue 1 picks up the caller, the moh will always be country music during on hold and parking lot. If an agent from queue 2 picks up, the moh will always be R&B music during on hold and parking lot. Is there some way such that after leaving the queue, the music on hold will go to the default music category of Techno music?

If I recall correctly (which may not be the case), the dialplan was changed so that when it entered a queue, the desired MOH was retained. I also think it was designed so that if you have a MOH class set with an inbound DID then you can configure it to use that, meaning you could have different MOH for each person waiting in the queue if they came in on different dids. And the intention was that if the agent subsequently put them on hold, they continued to receive the same MOH that they entered the system with. That would be the desired and normal behavior - so it presents a consistent behavior through out. Of course I’m sure there are circumstance where you want to play them one set of music while in the queue (maybe interspersed with ‘while you are waiting for an agent, did you know …’) but once they have been connected you may want something else like (‘while you are on hold, did you know …’).

Anyhow - my first comments are how I think we tried to get it working, but it has been a while since reviewing it so my memory may not be serving me correctly this morning.

Philippe Lindheimer - FreePBX Project Lead
http//freepbx.org - IRC #freepbx

I do not think that is the case. My incoming route has moh set but it is overridden by the Queue’s moh.

You are right, you need to choose inherit for that behavior now that I recall.

Philippe Lindheimer - FreePBX Project Lead
http//freepbx.org - IRC #freepbx