Queue Login/Logout

On our handsets we have a button that is configured as a BLF for logging in and out of a dynamic queue. The button dials 45xxxqqq eg 45718111

We have one phone that just says “agent logged out” when the button is pressed and then repeats this when the button is pressed again. Other phones work as expected.

I’m not sure whether this is relevant but the QUEUE SHOW 111 gives this output:

111 has 0 calls (max unlimited) in ‘ringall’ strategy (0s holdtime, 0s talktime), W:0, C:0, A:0, SL:0.0% within 60s
Members:
Dorica (Local/722@from-queue/n from hint:722@ext-local) (ringinuse enabled) (dynamic) (Not in use) has taken no calls yet
Sara ( Local/718@from-queue/n from hint:718@ext-local) (ringinuse enabled) (dynamic) (Not in use) has taken no calls yet
Anita (Local/715@from-queue/n from hint:715@ext-local) (ringinuse enabled) (dynamic) (Not in use) has taken no calls yet
Clare (Local/714@from-queue/n from hint:714@ext-local) (ringinuse enabled) (dynamic) (Not in use) has taken no calls yet
Courtney (Local/713@from-queue/n from hint:713@ext-local) (ringinuse enabled) (dynamic) (Not in use) has taken no calls yet
Ella-Sophia (Local/712@from-queue/n from hint:712@ext-local) (ringinuse enabled) (dynamic) (Not in use) has taken no calls yet
Alice White (Local/702@from-queue/n from hint:702@ext-local) (ringinuse enabled) (dynamic) (Invalid) has taken no calls yet
No Callers
and no matter what I type for 718 I can’t QUEUE REMOVE MEMBER

Any ideas?

First, please post these using preformatted text, otherwise it messes with the stars, for example:

*45xxx*qqq eg *45718*111

Next, which version of FreePBX and Asterisk are you using?
Did you confirm that this agent is still a dynamic member of the queue?

Please post a call trace via pastebin, see link: https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/SUP/Providing+Great+Debug#ProvidingGreatDebug-AsteriskLogs-PartII

Please post what you tried?
The proper way would be:

queue remove Local/718@from-queue/n from 111

I’m not at work currently so can’t do a call trace but here is the output from the CLI:

localhost*CLI> queue show
default has 0 calls (max unlimited) in 'ringall' strategy (0s holdtime, 0s talktime), W:0, C:0, A:0, SL:0.0% within 0s
   No Members
   No Callers

111 has 0 calls (max unlimited) in 'ringall' strategy (0s holdtime, 0s talktime), W:0, C:0, A:0, SL:0.0% within 60s
   Members:
      Dorica (Local/722@from-queue/n from hint:722@ext-local) (ringinuse enabled) (dynamic) (Not in use) has taken no calls yet
      Sara ( Local/718@from-queue/n from hint:718@ext-local) (ringinuse enabled) (dynamic) (Not in use) has taken no calls yet
      Anita (Local/715@from-queue/n from hint:715@ext-local) (ringinuse enabled) (dynamic) (Not in use) has taken no calls yet
      Clare (Local/714@from-queue/n from hint:714@ext-local) (ringinuse enabled) (dynamic) (Not in use) has taken no calls yet
      Courtney (Local/713@from-queue/n from hint:713@ext-local) (ringinuse enabled) (dynamic) (Not in use) has taken no calls yet
      Ella-Sophia (Local/712@from-queue/n from hint:712@ext-local) (ringinuse enabled) (dynamic) (Not in use) has taken no calls yet
      Alice White (Local/702@from-queue/n from hint:702@ext-local) (ringinuse enabled) (dynamic) (Invalid) has taken no calls yet
   No Callers
localhost*CLI> queue remove member Local/718@from-queue/n from 111
Unable to remove interface 'Local/718@from-queue/n' from queue '111': Not there
Command 'queue remove member Local/718@from-queue/n from 111' failed.
localhost*CLI>

I see the issue. There is a leading space on that interface.

VS a correct interface:

How was 718 added to the queue?

1 Like

We use a soft key on the phone programmed with:

*45718*111

Can I put quotes around the interface to include the space? I’ll answer my own question yes you can:
localhost*CLI> queue remove member " Local/718@from-queue/n" from 111

That’s weird. What version of FreePBX/Asterisk are you using? If it’s the latest version, and you don’t use any other methods to log them in, then I am quite curious how this space ended up there…

Does it toggle in/out correctly now?

Yes, I just phoned the office and got a colleague to check (I’m working from home) it is all working as it should. We are running FreePBX 14.0.16.4.

Great spot BTW, thanks very much.

Do the members of the queue hang around for ever - I noticed that there was an extension 702 in the list and we haven’t used that one for months if not years?

If no one logs them out, or if the Asterisk DB wasn’t reset, then yes, it will stay there.

Note also that a dynamic extension logged into a queue will not be removed from the queue if you later delete the extension from the system.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.