Queue holding callers while there are many available agents

I have an installation of freepbx with a queue for our support team. The problem is that sometimes when people call in and choose support from the IVR they get transferred to the queue and are held there until they hang up or the queue times out and they are transferred back to the main menu, all this while there are many available agents waiting but not getting the call.

I am wondering if anyone has seen this behavior before and if there is a solution to it. It also seems to happen randomly and although I have had it happen to me I can’t seem to reproduce it on demand.

I have about 10 extensions and 1 sip trunk capable of 13 simultanious calls though I don’t think we have ever even come close to more than 7-8.

Following are my specs.

Asterisk 1.4.26.2
FreePBX 2.6.0

cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
cpu family : 15
model : 47
model name : AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3000+
stepping : 2
cpu MHz : 1800.142
cache size : 512 KB
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 1
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt lm 3dnowext 3dnow up pni lahf_lm
bogomips : 3600.28
TLB size : 1024 4K pages
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
address sizes : 40 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management: ts fid vid ttp tm stc

896 MB of RAM, 1GIG stick but the bios seems to take 128MB for video for some reason.
using 20GB/60GB total Harddisk so no space issues.

============================================================================================
I am not sure if there is any other info you need but let me know if so.