Question about international voices setup

I’ve got installed the spanish voices for asterisk, downloaded from voipnovatos.com, this worked fine, only one trouble in this, when i try to dial an unavailable extension, the system plays “The person you are calling is unavailable, please try again” in english, i beleave the system play the message in english because dont locate the file sound in spanish, i tryed locate this file to replace, or locate where this message are worded, but no luck, anyone can help me?.

Try this…
Once install the voices, at the FreePBX GUI try going to the ext. that you’r willing to displayed the messages in spanish, search for the option Lenguage Code, there type “es” (without the colons) or wheathever the name of the file that contains the spanish recordings on the path /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/

Thats the way I had it to work…
Pls advice if this fix your problem…

I have a similar problem. I have installed Asterisk 1.6.2.0-beta3 and FreePBX 2.5.1 over Centos 5.3. I have also installed the spanish voices of voipnovatos in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/es. Everything seems to work ok and most messages are in spanish. However there are some messages that still plays in English. For example when logon with *11, the “please-enter-your-extension-then-press-pound”, after that the message for the password is in spanish. I think the messages that play in english are those in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds which are:

agent-login.sln
agent-logoff.sln
dictation-being-processed.sln
dictation-being-processed.wav
dictation-sent.sln
dictation-sent.wav
dir-intro-fnln.gsm
dir-intro-fnln-oper.gsm
dir-intro-fn-oper.gsm
dir-intro-oper.gsm
enter-filename-short.sln
exited-vm-will-be-transfered.sln
featurecode.sln
followme.sln
incoming-call-1-accept-2-decline.sln
incoming-call-no-longer-avail.sln
intercom.wav
line-busy-transfer-menu.sln
please-enter-your-extension-then-press-pound.sln
speed-enterlocation.gsm
speed-enternumber.gsm
to-change.gsm
to-enter-a-diff.gsm
you-will-be-transfered-menu.sln

This messages are not translated in the es directory and I cannot find their equivalent in Spanish seaching in the web.

Thank you in advance

Whenever asterisk wants to play a voice file it will first check your language and play the file. If that file is missing is will play the English file instead. That is the default behavior.

If you don’t have all voice files then check with voipnovatos for updated files.