PXE Kickstart error when installing Sangoma7

(Chris) #1

I’m working on using PXE to install a system and I after the kickstart process starts, it reports the error “Error setting up base repository”. I’ve confirmed the URL’s that it’s looking at for base, epel-release, etc are all valid URL’s. In researching the error message, I see a common thread saying that this error appears when using a the boot.iso of 7. Is it possible that the ISO for Sangoma7 was built using the boot.iso and this is the source of my problem or am I chasing the wrong rabbit and there’s a simpler explanation for this?

(Chris) #2

Does anyone have any insight into this issue?

(Chris) #3

Bump. Can anyone answer the question about what iso is used to build the Sangoma7 iso?

(Matt Brooks) #4

I’m not really sure what iso is used to build the Sangoma7 iso, but I can tell you that I’ve heard people have success using an app called cobbler to do network installs of FreePBX. Check it out: https://cobbler.github.io/quickstart/

(Chris) #5

Thanks mbrooks. Cobbler worked for me to get network installs working. :+1:

Next step is to get it to correctly setup the boot sector during install so that it’ll boot on a UEFI system. Always something. :sweat_smile:

(system) closed #6

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.