Push registration expiration

How long before this shows up, and what exactly is it about?

I assume it is regarding the app not being launched in a long time and your push server deciding to delist the device?

I don’t recall what the interval is, but you are correct. It’s the app recognizing that you have not launched it for a long time, and wondering if calls should continue to be pushed.

1 Like

This makes no sense to me. Waiting for a push notification does not require the app to run in the background and uses zero additional battery. If I get only one call per week, it should still work properly.

It does

Correct, and the point of the design for all the apps like this.

But if you don’t open the app at some point, how long does the intermediary server maintain a registration to your PBX? This costs the provider bandwidth (money) and storage (money) and processing power (money).

Also noteworthy that the above notification happens after a very long period of inactivity, something like 4 to 8 weeks. Even users with very light regular usage will not see this.

That was my boss’ phone. I know it has been getting rings. But I wonder if he was still answering on mobile because FM/FM.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.