"Protected" change to dialplan

I must admit that I’m not very sure what I’m looking for. I’m using devices & users. I’m configuring faxhandling per user (ej. Fax extension: system, Fax Email: [email protected], Fax detection type: NVFax, Pause after answer: 4) Now i would expect that if i dial to this number i get dialtone and * waits to detect faxtone for 4 secs before it dials the extension but this does not work - I then started to try to understand how it should work, and am assuming that this would be based on some additional lines added in the extensions_aditional.conf at [ext-local]? or where else?

my extensions_aditional.conf:

[ext-local]
include => ext-local-custom
exten => 5101,1,Macro(exten-vm,5101,5101)
exten => 5101,n,Hangup
exten => 5101,hint,SIP/5101
exten => ${VM_PREFIX}5101,1,Macro(vm,5101,DIRECTDIAL)
exten => ${VM_PREFIX}5101,n,Hangup

5101 has configured fax handling, a call trace:

Extension Changed 5103 new state InUse for Notify User 5102
Extension Changed 5103 new state InUse for Notify User 5101
– Executing Macro(“SIP/5103-08fc1a18”, “exten-vm|5101|5101”) in new stack
– Executing Macro(“SIP/5103-08fc1a18”, “user-callerid”) in new stack
– Executing NoOp(“SIP/5103-08fc1a18”, “user-callerid: Telefono 5103 5103”) in new stack

dialparties.agi: Methodology of ring is ‘none’
– dialparties.agi: Added extension 5101 to extension map
– dialparties.agi: Extension 5101 cf is disabled
– dialparties.agi: Extension 5101 do not disturb is disabled
– dialparties.agi: dbset CALLTRACE/5101 to 5103
== Manager ‘admin’ logged off from 127.0.0.1
– AGI Script dialparties.agi completed, returning 0
– Executing Dial(“SIP/5103-08fc1a18”, “SIP/5101|15|tr”) in new stack
– Called 5101
– SIP/5101-08fc6f58 is ringing

thanks for advise

Fax detection on the extension is only for calls coming in from a DID that is associated with the extension. I guess that could be better documented, feel free to file a bug against that (for the tooltip or something). The code is in ext-did.

Philippe Lindheimer - FreePBX Project Lead
http//freepbx.org - IRC #freepbx

what i want to achieve is

• a pesonal fax inbox per user. but as i mentioned we do not have did here
  • the caller calls the ivr and then dials the internal extension and starts the fax, then my idea was that the xtension answers and if its a fax receives it to pdf/email.
  • additionally the user should be able to receive a call and then redirect it to his personal “virtual” fax

i have some ideas how i probably could achieve it, but really not thought completely through or tested yet.
any ideas/suggestions?

thanks a lot for the info philippe, got it. unfortunately no DID available in our country :frowning: - i guess i will have to do some scripting to achieve a similar funcionality.

Then you can use the fax detection abilities in the inbound routes. One way or another, you need to route the call into your system and you can apply fax detection abilities that way.

Philippe Lindheimer - FreePBX Project Lead
http//freepbx.org - IRC #freepbx